Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble pairing base station VMB4500

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
johnbigbootie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am giving a friend a Arlo Pro 2 base station and two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I paired and updated the base station on my network. I then removed the base station and cameras from my account. I have a fiber based ISP using a UniFi Dream Machine Pro router and UniFi switches. On my system the base station paired within two seconds. 

My friend previously had the original an Arlo base station and cameras. When I hooked the Arlo Pro 2 base station the light turns green with a Etherent cable connected to either his Edgerouter X or UniFi 8-port switch. I pressed the sync button on the base station and the green light starts to flash. After resetting the base station at least four times the pairing never occurs using the Arlo app on an iPhone. His ISP is tower based in the air. 

Any suggestions on getting the base station paired on my friends network is appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@johnbigbootie wrote:

After resetting the base station at least four times the pairing never occurs using the Arlo app on an iPhone.

I suggest trying with my.arlo.com in a PC browser.

johnbigbootie
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB - thanks for the tip. I will let you know how it goes.

johnbigbootie
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB, going to my.arlo.com didn't make a difference. I still can't pair it at my friends home. I can still pair at my home. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi johnbigbootie,

Do you see any error when trying to pair the Base Station? Try referring to this article to see if that helps: Arlo can't discover my SmartHub or base station during installation; what do I do?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation