Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station not working with USB local storage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Samsonhuynh
Follower
Follower

i bought 3 wifi camera with station in Costco (Product VMB4540, serial Number A0G208YA01E2, activation date Nov/28/2020 after actived few month , the system asked but subscription then i also bought some months, and then off to used USB storage in station, but today in cancel subscription then the station can not worked with USB, so that i did not see any video storage, i tried many way by reset internet, station, plu out and plug in... but does not working, pls help solve out this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Samsonhuynh wrote:
i bought 3 wifi camera with station in Costco (Product VMB4540, serial Number A0G208YA01E2, activation date Nov/28/2020 after actived few month , the system asked but subscription then i also bought some months, and then off to used USB storage in station, but today in cancel subscription then the station can not worked with USB, so that i did not see any video storage, i tried many way by reset internet, station, plu out and plug in... but does not working, pls help solve out this problem

Since you have the VMB4540 Smart Hub you need to select "Smart Hub" instead of cloud in the upper center of your library in the app. Tap on cloud to get the drop down. You can't access local recordings on a PC. Also have you set Direct storage up? 
How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Samsonhuynh wrote:

Since you have the VMB4540 Smart Hub you need to select "Smart Hub" instead of cloud in the upper center of your library in the app. Tap on cloud to get the drop down. You can't access local recordings on a PC. Also have you set Direct storage up? 
How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation