Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dennis_Staley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I wanted to increase the number of Arlo Pro cameras in my security system from 5 to 8. I bought more cameras and tried to upgrade my subscription from the Basic (free) subscription to the Smart Premier ($9.95 / month) subscription. I went through the 'easy' online process of performing the upgrade. Everything seemed to go smoothly, even the entering of my credit card info, but my subscription never changed from Basic. I waited a few days and then talked to an Arlo customer support representative. They assured me it would be taken care of promptly. Another few days went by and nothing had changed. I called Arlo support and asked what was holding up the fix. They said they were escalating the trouble ticket and again assured me it would be corrected promptly. After 15 days, I finally gave up, installed another base station, created a second account (for the extra cameras) and told them to cancel my subscription upgrade request. I can't believe no one there is competent enough to fix something like this. My conclusion is their customer support team just doesn't care and evidently they are accountable to no one. I'm not sure how they justify cashing their paychecks because they don't do anything to help out a customer in need, who, by the way, was wanting to pay Arlo $9.95 / month for an upgraded subscription.

Has anyone else had this experience with Arlo customer support?

2 REPLIES 2
ArloUser9
Initiate
Initiate

Had similar issue with chat support. Determined on my own that you can’t upgradw via Chrome with a Discover card.....has to be via IE and a Visa

Figured it all out while they just kept asking what page I was getting stuck on. Was never stuck on anything. Just wouldn’t process

Dennis_Staley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I really expected better web design than that from Arlo. I tried 3 different browers but not different cards. Seems like it would be an easy enough thing to state those requirements right on the web page. Funny how Arlo hit my credit card with a $1 charge every time I tried to upgrade but never came back with any error message stating I was using an unacceptable type of credit card.

My opinion of their customer support has not changed, though. They are incompetents and you just helped verify that fact.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation