Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Connecting Base Station through WAP to access internet?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant

For where I want to use the system, I  only have access to the internet through a wireless connection.  How can I set up the base station?  Can I use a WAP and connect the ethernet cable to it or is there another way?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You will need to connect the base station using a Wired eithernet cable (RJ45). Maybe you can setup an accesss point with another router or use a range extender with an eithernet connection port on it. Netgear makes several range extenders with eithernet ports on them. The base station does not have access to setting up a WiFi internet connection, so to answer; Yes you can connect the base station to a WAP provided it has an eithernet connection port.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @EL-R,

As long as you are able to receive internet connection, then your Base Station should have access to the internet. 

EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant
This does not answer/address my question.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You will need to connect the base station using a Wired eithernet cable (RJ45). Maybe you can setup an accesss point with another router or use a range extender with an eithernet connection port on it. Netgear makes several range extenders with eithernet ports on them. The base station does not have access to setting up a WiFi internet connection, so to answer; Yes you can connect the base station to a WAP provided it has an eithernet connection port.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. That confirms my thoughts. Although I already hooked it up that way. I asked the question hoping to avoid spending money on another piece of equipment. Spent the $ anyway and got my answer that way. I appreciate tour input.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation