Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant

For where I want to use the system, I  only have access to the internet through a wireless connection.  How can I set up the base station?  Can I use a WAP and connect the ethernet cable to it or is there another way?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You will need to connect the base station using a Wired eithernet cable (RJ45). Maybe you can setup an accesss point with another router or use a range extender with an eithernet connection port on it. Netgear makes several range extenders with eithernet ports on them. The base station does not have access to setting up a WiFi internet connection, so to answer; Yes you can connect the base station to a WAP provided it has an eithernet connection port.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @EL-R,

As long as you are able to receive internet connection, then your Base Station should have access to the internet. 

EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant
This does not answer/address my question.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You will need to connect the base station using a Wired eithernet cable (RJ45). Maybe you can setup an accesss point with another router or use a range extender with an eithernet connection port on it. Netgear makes several range extenders with eithernet ports on them. The base station does not have access to setting up a WiFi internet connection, so to answer; Yes you can connect the base station to a WAP provided it has an eithernet connection port.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
EL-R
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. That confirms my thoughts. Although I already hooked it up that way. I asked the question hoping to avoid spending money on another piece of equipment. Spent the $ anyway and got my answer that way. I appreciate tour input.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation