Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Release Notes - Android App 2.5.3 - 7th August 2018

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PROBEDROID
Star
Star

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Android-App-2-5-3-7th-August-2...

This update did not fix the broken Schedule Mode. Allow me to carefully explain so that we may be able to actually fix this problem. I have a simple schedule set up consisting of a Day Mode and a Night Mode. The only difference between these two modes is the sensitivity settings. All other settings are identical. I have the schedule set to run from 12:00am - 7:00am Night Mode. Then from 7:00am - 8:00pm Day Mode. Then going back into Night Mode from 8:00pm - 12:00am.  Now, here is the problem. I am not able to set the second Night Mode on the Web Schedule to end at exactly 12:00am or it will break the App Schedule. Allow me to illustrate the problem.

When I set the Web Schedule like this...

WebScheduleRight.PNG

It makes the App Schedule look like this...

AppScheduleWrong.jpgAppScheduleWrong2.jpg

When I set the Web Schedule like this...

WebScheduleWrong.PNG

It makes the App Schedule look like this...

AppScheduleRight.jpgAppScheduleRight2.jpg

TL;DR... The schedule is still broken on the Android App and leaves a one minute gap in protection from 11:59p to 12:00am. I expect this to be fixed in the next App update!!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the past, setting the schedule to stop at 11:59PM and then starting at 12:00AM had no gap in it. The system was armed for that whole 11:59PM minute. I assume it still works that way. You can test this by trying a schedule that duplicates the issue during the day (so you don't have to be up at midnight).

PROBEDROID
Star
Star
I can confirm the schedule is still broken and does not work the way you suggest. I just tested motion detection between 11:59pm and 12:00am and it is indeed disarmed for that entire minute. Neither this post nor this issue with the schedule has been "Solved"!
PROBEDROID
Star
Star

Hey guys,

Just thought I would update this post for whatever it's worth. After this update for Android,

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Android-App-2-6-0-20th-October-2018/m-p/16...

The problem still remains with the schedule as I described earlier in this post.

It sure would be nice if the focus was to resolve existing and ongoing issues with this system before introducing new features and new problems. It has become tiresome to report anything to this community in hopes that it will actually get resolved. This issue has been going on for months now! Please fix it!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation