Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Today's morning I noticed that there was an available firmware update for my base station so I tried to update ... the base rebooted but the message that there was a new available update was still there, I tried a couple of times with no different result. Then I tried to power cycle the base manually,  and tried again with no luck. As a final option I tried to do a reset on the system,  and when re-adding the base station back I get an "Updating Firmware" message and after a couple of minutes get a "Firmware could not be updated"  one.

So I'm stucked in this loop because now I cannot update the firmware of the base and cannot add my cameras back. Not really sure what other options I have...

Any hints are appreciated

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor

Internet Speed is fine, 20 Mbps down 6Mbps up. But anyway the problem is now solved, what I did was to keep on power cycling the base without adding it to my account and suddenly one of those cycles worked. After that I add the base station back and it said "no firmware updates available" since it was already installed and was able to proceed and add the cameras back

Thanks anyway 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This can be due to poor Internet speeds. Test yours using speedtest.net and report both download and upload speeds here.

Since you reset, make sure you've removed all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. If all fails, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor

Internet Speed is fine, 20 Mbps down 6Mbps up. But anyway the problem is now solved, what I did was to keep on power cycling the base without adding it to my account and suddenly one of those cycles worked. After that I add the base station back and it said "no firmware updates available" since it was already installed and was able to proceed and add the cameras back

Thanks anyway 😉

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation