Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot disable specific smart notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using the Arlo 2 Pro outside with CVR running... I also paid for the smart notifications. Right now the camera triggers for people, animals, vehicles and all other motions. Extremely annoying. I only want notifications and triggers for people/animal only.. when I disable the vehicles/other motions, it shows disabled on the web and phone app but the camera still records the event!

I tried unplugging the camera from CVR and changing the settings with the camera smart area but no change. The settings area shows the vehicles/other motions disabled yet I still get notifications all day. There's about 100+each day
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vetrijar

Have you made sure the base & cameras are updated to the latest firmware? You can also try and remove the cameras from Settings > My devices and re-add them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vetrijar

Have you made sure the base & cameras are updated to the latest firmware? You can also try and remove the cameras from Settings > My devices and re-add them.

vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like I have the latest firmware? On the app, it shows Version 2.7.2_25500 released on 2/13/2019.

With the camera in question it shows Firmware 1.125.11.4_29092 hardware H3 and no updates.

The base is Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940 hardware VMB4000r3

I'll try removing and adding...
vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay so it's likely my question has been answered as I'm now only receiving a notification and beep on my phone when a person or animal walk by. I don't get a notification or beep for vehicles. So that is good.

Believe I misunderstood how the notifications plus recording worked. I was also thinking the recordings would only be what I asked to be notified on. Right now I get several hundred recordings though since my street has a lot of vehicles and other motion apparently. I'd like to only record what I'm notified on.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation