Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Btbw21
Follower
Follower
I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera and suddenly cannot access my camera libraries. According to online and over the past two years that I've had the cameras, I don't need a subscription. However, I cannot get any support for this because I do not have a paid subscription and the robot chat keeps stating I need to buy a subscription. Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?
16 REPLIES 16
Migleon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Library is no longer storing recordings. I tried restarting and firm updates but nothing is working. Can someone help?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you still experiencing this issue?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Btbw21,

There was an issue that impacted a small number of users that resulted in the symptoms you've described, that issue has since been resolved. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues today.

Thanks,

JamesC

RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Access to local library doesn’t work anymore
RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have the problem to access recording at local storage. I receive notifications, but when checking at the the library, it shows nothing and it would allow me to choice any earlier dates. Please let me know what I could do to resolve the issue. Thanks
Dannybear
Master
Master
@RachelZ,

With the pro2 cameras you should have free 7days arlo cloud storage that should show up in the library app.
The VMB4000 Base station has the option to backup the recordings using a USB memory stick.
Is the app mode selected by the base station set to armed? If not, and mode is set to disabled then no recordings will be made.
RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have used the usb on the base to store data for a long time, and it worked fine until recently. From the arlo app on my phone, when I click on the dates in the library, no response from the app. Don’t know what is the cause
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re using a VMB4000 Base station you will not have access to the USB recordings via the arlo app. Later model base stations have the option to view arlo cloud or USB memory.
Confirm what the model number of your base by looking at the sticker on it’s bottom.
If you have the 4000 Base station then you will need to eject the USB device using the app and view recordings on a pc.
And you should also have these recordings in the arlo app cloud library for the last 7 days.
If not check if you previously had a subscription plan that’s expired and if so remove the camera from the subscription list as arlo will not record that camera.
RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply, my model is VMB4000r3. but I have viewed my recording from my phone for many years, I never paid subscription for cloud service, only when I recently purchased a new door bell and was convinced by sales to tried a few months free cloud services, and it has been expired recently, May be that is the cause of the problem? How could I go back to my pre-trial stage? Thanks
RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
In any case, should I still allowed to click on different dates on my phone arlo app though? Thanks
Dannybear
Master
Master
This should be better explained by @JamesC.

My understanding is that if a arlo subscription plan expires on at least one camera then all camera devices on the account default to the same expired status and so no recordings.
To test this remove the door bell from the account and remove the subscription plan. See if you’re other cameras begin recording.
RachelZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
In my phone, it shows no plan currently. If I remove doorbell, do you know whether I will I be able to add it back remotely?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Removing a camera or doorbell from the account is risky from a remote location agree.
I guess if it’s not recording then it’s not much use anyway unless it connected to the base station with USB backup but given an intruder it might be the first thing stolen hence the advantage of using arlo cloud recordings.
Might be best if others can comment before proceeding.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RachelZ wrote:
Thanks for your reply, my model is VMB4000r3. but I have viewed my recording from my phone for many years, I never paid subscription for cloud service, only when I recently purchased a new door bell and was convinced by sales to tried a few months free cloud services, and it has been expired recently, May be that is the cause of the problem? How could I go back to my pre-trial stage? Thanks

As @Dannybear says, your Pro 2 cameras came with 7 days of free Cloud storage.  That is what you've been viewing on your phone.  You haven't been seeing the recordings on the USB stick there.

The doorbell doesn't come with that, so it does need a subscription for cloud storage.  A single camera subscription should be sufficient.

How many cameras do you have (including the doorbell)?

EricThi
Aspirant
Aspirant
My videos are no longer showing in my library either. This is not a cloud issue as the library has the option to view from cloud OR your arlohub. This is a feature that was added in a while back. Recordings were visible until a couple days ago and i have longtime not had a sub . I still get alerts and if I check the USB the videos are being recorded, just not showing up in library. The library gives a message saying it's not available and the arlo team is working on it.

If that's the case, could we get an update? Was working fine till a few days ago
EricThi
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after a reboot of the base station this morning, my recordings are visible again. I've rebooted multiple times in the past few days trying to fix the problem, not sure why it worked this time but it seems to have
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation