Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jwp1
Tutor
Tutor

Why has the night vision on my arlo pro 2 camera stopped working?

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried a camera reset by removing the battery for 10sec?
jwp1
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I removed the battery for more than a minute and it didn't work. Have reset the base unit and that didn't work.
jwp1
Tutor
Tutor
It didn't work
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you checked if the night vision is enabled in the camera settings page?
jwp1
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it's on and still no night vision
Dannybear
Master
Master
Make sure you have the armed mode selected in the mode page in the app. I.e. If you aren’t getting any notifications then check the armed mode is not set for schedule described with a clock icon next to the mode name selected. If clock is showing then it is likely that you need to add more time to the schedule to include night time monitoring. If you prefer not to use the schedule then select the armed mode directly.

Place the camera in a dark room and cause motion in front of the camera, you should get a push notification to your phone generally as well as a recording to the cloud library.

Visually see if the red LEDs on the camera front face illustrates to prove that they are working.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

Place the camera in a dark room and cause motion in front of the camera, you should get a push notification to your phone generally as well as a recording to the cloud library.

Or just livestream with the camera in a closet or a box.

@jwp1: Are you getting recordings at night with Nightvision off?  Or are you getting no recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation