Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't turn on GPS-based base enabling (geographical location) of granted user using iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rricardi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I know this might sound tricky, but here I go:

I have an Android phone running Arlo app perfectly, enabling/disabling the Arlo Base based on my geographical location (GPS).

My wife has been granted with proper (all) access to all devices (base + camera): invite sent, accepted, access granted, and she can visualize pretty much the whole setup online (camera view, recording, mic etc.)

Tricky part is: I want to enable her iPhone to enable/disable based on her geographical position too (when either me or she are at home, base is disabled. When BOTH of us are away, base is enabled). When I try to add her phone in the configuration screen of the geographical setup, a popup message displays “Can’t activate the device. Enable it at Definitions -> Privacy -> Localization services and click “Allow”” (pictures below).

Although it is in Portuguese, I believe the screenshots are self-explanatory.

My kit is the Arlo 2 Pro (VMS4430P-100NAS): 1 base + 4 cameras.

Thank you very much!

Rodrigo1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rricardi,

As the message shows, has your wife tried allowing "Location Services" through Privacy settings on her iPhone? Try having her disable and enable again. If that still doesn't work, try to have her delete the Arlo app, restart her iPhone, and reinstall the Arlo app and make sure she has location enabled for app permission.

rricardi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm afraid it didn't work, even reinstalling apps in both phones, disabling/enabling localization services etc...

Would you have other suggestion?

Thanks again!

RR

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation