Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 not recording. Removed battery and resynced and removed activity zone.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
daveturton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 that is just not recording. I've been through these message boards and read the comments to see if I could trouble shoot this before posting. I removed the battery, re-synced, attached a dedicated power source and removed the activity zones. I can make it manually record but it will not record on it's own. It works, I can see live images if I want. I've already had an indoor camera go out on me but I attributed that to a storm that past over a while back. Is this common for a $150+ camera to just crap out? Wouldn't the recording part be software or is this a hardware issue? Can this be sent in and fixed or do I just have to shell out $150 every time one of these things decides it's time to die?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Repair is out of the question... there is no service for this

As to why, it died, who knows... elec parts some times just crap out in a normal bell curve.

But if you can still live view it, then maybe you could place it in an indoor location you want to occasionally view ( pull battery to use with other cameras ) and just run on any 5v usb that puts out 1 amp or more

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
daveturton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, just sucks that I've had two cameras crap out on me. Makes me real gun shy about buying any more of their products.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation