Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master

As the header says, I am now unable to use the arlo iPhone app without remembering my password each time I want to open it.

IMG_2435.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Dannybear,

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo app v3.6.3? I was informed this should be resolved on the update. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Shayne,
The login error had stopped today so looks like arlo has fixed it.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update

Dannybear
Master
Master
Looks to be broken again, seems to error 25% the time now when I login. Same on iPad.
Using iOS 12.5.5 on iPhone 5s. Arlo App ver 3.5.8

@ShayneS
Do you know if they are doing any maintenance on the Servers for AU?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I don't believe there is. Are you still experiencing this?

Dannybear
Master
Master
It’s been fine today, no error messages when logging in to app.
Thanks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Spoke too soon, happens at least twice a day now, seems to always occur at a critical time like just after a detected event.
@ShayneS
I will send the app log after the next error.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received thanks. I have sent this over and I will provide an update ASAP.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Still getting the issue at least twice daily, twice this morning within an hour.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just updating the thread to confirm that the issue still continues at least twice daily.
There is no pattern to when it occurs, can occur immediately after a successful operation of the arlo iOS app on iPhone and iPad.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS
Thanks for the update, and yes it still occurs at least twice daily.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS

I have had at least a 24hr reprieve from this issue so looking better.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi ShayneS,
I had another fail earlier today with the password issue.
Then this afternoon I got a different login error 502 that lasted a while until I power cycled the base station. Lots of sirens going off in the meantime. Logs sent.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo app v3.5.12 installed?

Can you install that version and test again. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Still using 3.5.10, was using 3.5.8 previously and updating made no difference. Do you think it will help going to 3.5.12?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I hope it does, but if it occurs with 3.5.12, send me another log and I will press the Dev team ASAP. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, updated to 3.5.12 and after some battles with loosing custom modes and library etc, and needing to reinstall app I can say that after 48hrs I am no longer getting the password error when opening the app.
Unfortunately I have a new issue where I get logged out daily and need to re enter the full credentials to use the app and after I do I have lost admin rights where the library disappears as well as live record functionality. This gets restored after closing and reopening the app, hence opening the app to get access takes a few minutes when the event occurs.
@ShayneS logs have been emailed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I received the log. So you are being randomly signed out right? 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, it was previously displaying the error message about the password but now when it occurs it opens to the login screen with the user populated but password empty.
I then tap on the password entry box and then it reloads the login page again without any user details populated.
I then have to enter the full login details to open the app, then close the app and reopen again to get full access to everything.
Happens once a day after midnight GST+10 or later when the app is first opened in the morning.
I also noticed during the day when I open the app that the orange error banner appears at the top of the screen for a fraction of a second but it’s too quick to read it.
Thanks again for the help.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Happened again at 11pm last night.
IMG_2445.jpg
Dannybear
Master
Master
Then
IMG_2446.PNG
Discussion stats