Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master

As the header says, I am now unable to use the arlo iPhone app without remembering my password each time I want to open it.

IMG_2435.jpg
44 REPLIES 44
Dannybear
Master
Master
Then
IMG_2448.PNG
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok it’s now happening twice so far today. 5pm & 7pm gst+10.
No error message though.
Dannybear
Master
Master
The issue has since moved to early mornings before 0600 gst+10 daily.
allBlacks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to add to this thread, I have also had the same issue since updating to 3.5.12.

Raised a ticket 42859022 a month ago, repeatedly sent in logs, screen shots and screen recordings but still no fix.

Nearly every time I get an alert day or night I either need to re-enter my password or both username and password.

Just what you need when get a Person alert at your property and need to see what's happening.

I've also have other tickets raised since last June so i'm not holding my breath on a fix anytime soon,

If I hadn't spent so much on this Ultra2 system i'd throw this bug ridden junk in the trash along with my other rubbish.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@allBlacks,
Thanks for your input, I still battling the login issue daily except without the error message banner. It first started back in December last year with using arlo iOS app v3.5.8 and subsequent versions so likely a arlo server issue in my region do a fix would have to wait until the next 6 monthly server update gets pushed out.

Going by me trying to post to this forum, it is just as bad.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
 I still battling the login issue daily except without the error message banner. 

I often use my.arlo.com (and don't use geofencing), so I can't easily tell how often I'm seeing this.

I do know that I end up having to login frequently on my iPhone 12 mini - and that at least some of the time I haven't used my.arlo.com between times I'm using the app.  Face ID eliminates the need to re-enter the password in my case.  

Anyway, I agree there is something here that Arlo needs to fix (and it has been lingering for quite a while).

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to update this thread as the issue still remains, have to re-enter my arlo credentials to my iPhone and iPad multiple times a day to open the app and after I login I have restricted access to my devices until I login again.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I updated the arlo app to v3.5.12 on iPhone and issue still persists with the return of the error pop up message again.

Seems to now be the norm for using arlo I guess.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Further behaviour changes as follows using the latest app iOS v3.5.13 is that the app now crashes on first opening the app, open app again to get the login notification error to renter password, tap ok, then after entering login credentials, app returns to the login screen again with empty login boxes, then re-enter attempt again the same is repeated, eventually login is successful. This then repeats at least three times a day.

I guess the norm can change for the worst.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Dannybear,

I wanted to provide a quick update. A fix for this issue is coming soon, I'll post another update as soon as I hear more info. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS,

Thanks again for your assistance with arlo sorting the issue and providing the update here.

I will check back in a few more months to see how the fix it is progressing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Dannybear,

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo app v3.6.3? I was informed this should be resolved on the update. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks ShayneS for the heads up on a fix.

After updating to v3.6.3, I got the error immediately and still had to enter password to login.
I usually have this occurring three times a day so should know more in a day or two.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of iOS are you currently running? 

Dannybear
Master
Master
iPhone 5s iOS v12.5.5
iPad Air 2 iPad iOS v15.4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I have already provided this info to the team yesterday. I will let you know what I find out ASAP. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks Shayne,

It has been four days since updating the iPhone app and have not had it happen again so it looks likely to have been resolved. Much appreciated.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, Keep me in the loop if anything changes and I will escalate the issue asap. 

Thanks for all the help. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, it is awesome, must have been server side since the iPad is using the old version app and it also been behaving.
Dannybear
Master
Master
It’s been a few weeks now since the login with password error and it has not returned so will now mark this as resolved. Thanks to ShayneS and arlo team.
Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation