Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dw4yne
Star
Star

Hss anyone else had issues this morning acceing ARLO Pro2 from PC.. Using Google Chrome or IE no luck.

36 REPLIES 36
kart56
Guide
Guide

yes

Marcas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved yet?

I have the same problem on my Windows 10 computer ONLY, with both Firefox and Chrome. Very frustrating! On my Windows 7 computer I never have an issue logging into my account.

Would be great if support would get on this issue and find a fix.

arlotony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, can't log into Chrome. Or IE. Or any browser that I've tried, private mode or not on my Windows 7 machine.

First time trying to log in, it appears to do nothing. Second attempt says to install new version of Flash. Installed newest version of Flash (which, btw, I cannot believe Netgear is using Flash.) 

I tried every step in the FAQ. Tried the ephemeral setting "solution". Cleared cookies, cache, and history. Now the only difference is the second time I try to log in is that instead of telling me to update Flash, it clears my password.

Sometimes I get to see a screen with my cameras oh-so-briefly before it throws me back to the log in page. 

I believe that a Windows update probably initiated the problem but I am not going to rollback a Windows update because a problem on a flash-based website.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know why this is happening. It's NOT Flash since that has nothing to do with the login although it's annoying that recent updates to browsers and Windows have caused issues with Flash and Arlo's continued usage.

Just (maybe) a random thought - what anti-virus are you using? Kaspersky has been causing issues recently.

arlotony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nice! Yes, I am using Kapersky.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use Kaspersky but someone just posted that disabling port monitoring in it enabled the ability to use Arlo. There may be finer grained methods to set this but you'd have to investigate that yourself.

Attatood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Chrome has now disabled this workaround in it's new version. Arlo needs to get AWAT from flash.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed that Flash is a problem but in Chrome, just click on the "click here" link in the Flash alert banner and allow Flash to run.

gwjsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is Kaspersky (at least for me) I had the same problems as everyone else above. Didn't matter what browser I used i couldn't get past the login screen, but as soon as i paused Kaspersky it logged in straight away , no problems.

You'd think Arlo would have asked enough questions of people on this site with this problem to have worked it out and advised people in a post.

Very poor on Arlo's part.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lessee - it's Kaspersky that's causing the problem so Arlo should fix Kaspersky's problem? Contact Kaspersky support and have them fix the issue - it used to work until recently so they obviously changed something.

gwjsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed it's something that kaspersky has done, but This thread has been going for eight months and unless jguerdat you actually work for Arlo, then I don't see anywhere here where Arlo have actually shown any interest.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Retired IT here, just a user like you. I don't understand the need to blame Arlo for Kaspersky's settings. Other AV software works fine.

Discussion stats