Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sun is creating false motion detection when moving behind clouds. Tried swapping camera.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
GlennDenali
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sun creates false motions when moving behind clouds. Like 50 false motions a day. 2 separate systems at two separate locations. I tried swapping cameras. Same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennDenali
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I turned down the motion sensitivity by just 10% and I had only 2 false motions. Another 5% down should fix this completely. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the sun in view of the cameras?
Have you tried setting the motion detection level to a lower value in your rules when your expecting to see the issue. Use the schedule to choose a mode at the time it occurs.

GlennDenali
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera in question is under a soffit area out of direct sunlight. It hasn’t done this for awhile but now I get constant motion just from bright sun when the clouds move. I will try turning motion sensitivity down but need the motion activated 24/7

Dannybear
Master
Master

I’ve read here that the false detections from sunlight can be seasonal.
There are plenty of threads on how to best manage them.
I think that the front lens cover over the detector should be self tinting to adjust for infrared overload.

GlennDenali
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I turned down the motion sensitivity by just 10% and I had only 2 false motions. Another 5% down should fix this completely. Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation