Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can i just buy an Pro 2 by itself or do I need the box system? Will it work outside wifi range?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
edenhawk
Follower
Follower

Im having issues with youths in my area and need to place a camera in a tree outside my wifi range to capture them thowing missles at my propertly.
1 - Can i get away with just buying 1 camera and using a phone app to connect to it to pull its locally saved data? I dont want to have to buy the 4 camera set as i just need 1 camera.

2 - Would it work outside my wifi range if i physically walked to it to connect via my phone?
My intention would be to place the camera then keep returning weekly to charge it up and replace it back in its place, i dont mind if i have to view its data at home over my wifi there.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not how Arlo systems work. You need a camera and a base station at a bare minimum, at least for the Pro 2 systems. Look at arlo.com for various cameras and purchasing information. A 1 camera Pro 2 system can be found at https://shop.arlo.com/cameras.pro2/Arlo+Pro+2+Kits.html but there are also newer cameras such as the new Essential that connects to your WiFi and may be what you're looking for. However, any camera without a base or hub will rely solely on cloud recordings, not local ones.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation