Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime shows amber light when it was working fine before. Tried resyncing and removing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Artistcak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our Arlo doorbell chime was working fine until recently. I noticed there was a solid amber light on the front of the chime. Have tried to sync it with the base station, since the app indicated it had lost the connection.
When I try to sync it, I get a slow blinking white light, then a fast blinking white light, then back to a slow blinking white light, then finally in Amber blinking and solid light.
I removed the device and have tried to add it back as a new device and still having the same issues with set up. Going through the app to set it up, all I get is the slow blinking white light, then the fast blinking and solid amber lights. I never get a solid white light.
Any ideas what’s going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Artistcak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the chime disappeared from My Devices, I just tried to add it again.  It synced this time, but what I found is that the description in the app on how to add it is confusing.
When you plug it in the wall and get the slow white blink, you hit ‘Continue’ on your mobile device.  The next screen says something to the effect of “when you get the white light, you’re good to go” and the image below it shows, what appears to be a solid white light.  So I was waiting for it to be solid.

What I did this time was hit ‘Continue‘ when it was I got the fast flashing white light, and it found it this time.  Just tested it and we’re good.  
It would be helpful if the app said ‘When you get the fast blinking white light, you’re good to go’.  I find a lot of Arlo’s description and How To’s aren’t as clear as they should be.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here in the support area about resetting the chime?

https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime

Be sure to remove it from Settings, My Devices first.

Artistcak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I already tried that.  Got slow flashing white, then slow amber, then solid amber.  Deleted it from my devices, added it again and it still wouldn’t sync.  It’s near the base station, so distance isn’t a factor.  
It did, at one point, flash slow white, then fast white - but only for about 2 seconds  - then the slow amber to solid amber.
This morning it isn’t even appearing on ‘My Devices’.  

Artistcak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the chime disappeared from My Devices, I just tried to add it again.  It synced this time, but what I found is that the description in the app on how to add it is confusing.
When you plug it in the wall and get the slow white blink, you hit ‘Continue’ on your mobile device.  The next screen says something to the effect of “when you get the white light, you’re good to go” and the image below it shows, what appears to be a solid white light.  So I was waiting for it to be solid.

What I did this time was hit ‘Continue‘ when it was I got the fast flashing white light, and it found it this time.  Just tested it and we’re good.  
It would be helpful if the app said ‘When you get the fast blinking white light, you’re good to go’.  I find a lot of Arlo’s description and How To’s aren’t as clear as they should be.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation