Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not picking up motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have seen several postings that cameras aren't picking up motion, but I don't see where anyone, including Arlo Support, has an answer as to why! I thought this camera system was supposed to be one of the best on the market. I'm starting to think that's a bunch of crap and so is the system. If it doesn't pick up motion, then what good is the system?

2 REPLIES 2
JasonBarlow
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras will totally miss motion events right in front of them, at seeming random.

A security camera that misses motion events offers me no security at all. It should be called an insecurity camera. That's the feeling I have about this thing. Worthless.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Toni1946 and JasonBarlow,

Are you using custom modes or the default armed mode when your camera is detecting motion? If you're using a custom mode, delete the mode and create a new one to see if that helps or test using the default armed mode to see if it detects any motion.

Otherwise, read this article to learn how to optimize motion detection from your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

For further assistance or if your camera is still not picking up motion, reach out to the support team so they can help you out. You can contact the support team here: Arlo Support

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation