Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to set up rules for all my 3 cameras where it should record and send notifications. Help?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vivekgreets
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to set up rule for all my 3 cameras where it should record and send no notification. I have tried setting up a rule but it applies to only only one camera. The rule says :

If the following -

-Frontcam 

-motion is detected

then do the following

recrod video

-backyard

-record video

In the above rule only one camera will have a motion to trigger recording on other cameras.

However I want each camera to have a motion detection and record its own video but send no notification. I hope it make sense.

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@vivekgreets wrote:

I want to set up rule for all my 3 cameras where it should record and send no notification. I have tried setting up a rule but it applies to only only one camera. The rule says :

If the following -

-Frontcam 

-motion is detected

then do the following

recrod video

-backyard

-record video

In the above rule only one camera will have a motion to trigger recording on other cameras.

However I want each camera to have a motion detection and record its own video but send no notification. I hope it make sense.

That is pretty much the basic “Armed” functionality.  You should have a rule in there for each of your cameras and you can edit those rules to change recording and notification behavior.

You can also create a new mode if you wish, then add a rule for each camera.  After completing and saving the first rule, look for “Add Rule” at the bottom of the page (on the mobile app anyway, I didn’t check the web interface).  Click Add rule, select your next camera and follow the prompts for the second rule.  Repeat this process for your third camera.

However, your “Armed” mode should already have these and you should be able to edit each rule to turn off notifications, if that is what you want to accomplish.

You can also add a device to any rule, so that device triggers on the same stimulus as the first device.  Below is the rule summary page after setting up a rule, which shows the +Add Device option toward the bottom.

Adding a RuleAdding a Rule

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make a custom mode ( and turn off the noifacations ),

Cams A,B,C

Add mode and use

Cam A sense, cam A record

then save

Go back and edit the new mode adding the following rules

Cam A sense, B record

Cam A sense, C record