Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras flashing Blue LED

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
meridaleyte1313
Follower
Follower

Cannot get my base station -VMB4540 to connect to my Arlo pro cameras both are flashing blue but no Sync

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove them from Settings, My Devices before trying to sync? Have you rebooted the base? All details help.

Tedkit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a defective base station also. Arlo will give you a 30% discount code for purchasing a new kit from Arlo.com.
Gazzie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar problem. Changed the batteries in two Wi-fi cameras (4 year old devices) and they will no longer connect. Baby Arlo is fine. Rebooted base station. Reset devices… but they do not flash orange 3 times like the manual says. Any thoughts please anyone??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you resetting? Are you doing this on the base? The cameras "reset" when the battery is reinserted but you need to remove them from Settings, My Devices to actually reset them. Of course, then you have to sync them again.

Gazzie2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done all of the items below at least three times now and I still can’t synch any of the devices I have. I have now tried setting up a new account using a different email address. This also does not work and it won’t allow any devices to be added.

Also, when I try to add devices the app only shows me new device types, there is no option to add the 3 year old devices that I have or the babycam

Also, if you try to add a device and it fails it gets stuck in a loop where you can either try again or ask for support, you need to stop the add and restart to be able to do anything

Also, if you do go to the support page after a restart then you can’t get support unless you subscribe. That is not what the web site says should happen for owners of existing devices

However the light at the end of the tunnel is that my wife’s App still picks up the devices. She sent me an invite using a different email address but when I join using that email address I can’t see the devices or add any devices

Look forward to your thoughts
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI, if you've been granted access you can't add cameras - you can only see what you've been granted access to.  Is your wife the primary user (the one who set the system up)? If so, you will never be able to set the system up on your account since the system is already set up. Your wife can use Settings, Grant Access to allow you to see the cameras and do some manipulation if she also allowed the additional privileges for your account.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation