Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MarkWCO
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Pro 2 and recently charged the battery.  The charger shows it's at 100%.  When I placed the battery in the camera it simply never showed up as active on the app and was acting like the battery is dead.  

I figured it's best to reset so I removed the camera from the Arlo app.  I then pressed the sync button so that the light would blink blue and I could add it again.  Issue is it won't blink blue.

I have removed the battery several times. At times I kept it in for over an hour, other times I kept it in awhile.  What happens is when I put the battery in the blue light turns on so I know it's getting power.  It stays on a couple seconds and then goes out. I. am unable to have it come on again whether I press sync or not. I have pressed sync over 20 seconds with it still not coming on so of course the app won't find it.

Any idea how I can fix it or is my camera bad?

68 REPLIES 68
ArloPro2NewUser
Guide
Guide

I was lucky as I replaced the charger and that fixed the problem. But it might be time for you to cut your loses and change to Eufy or some  other brand, as Arlo Pro 2 cameras are coming to the end-of- life so Arlo won't be supporting them soon. There are too many of us having the same problems and Arlo has no real answers. I went through the same pain as you are going through, so I changed brands. It was an expensive lesson.

Omia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I've been stuck on this for the last 2 hours. What a joke.

I had to create a new account with a new email address because my last account was somehow set up with an American location, although I live in Sydney and no one from Arlo could help. I was told that I need to delete the account and set up a new one. After doing that, I wasn't able to create a new account because it remembered my email address, and I wasn't able to login to my old account because the account was deleted. Left with the only option of creating a new email address, that's what I did. Now I can't even sync the camera to my new account. 

Speedorchid
Tutor
Tutor

I gave up, I replaced the batteries and got a fast charger and I finally got them working.....until they randomly dont record or miss events that I know happened.  My car was stolen the other day amd 7 days of footage was wiped or not on my system.  yes my system was active so not sure what happened there but I am done....now they are doing this whole end of life thing.......no kidding....I'm done with Arlo and am installing a new system....Good riddance to one of the worse companies I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer retention, you got me for about 2000$ and I will tell anyone who will listen about my absolutely terrible ARLO experience.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Speedorchid 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed with your cameras. 

Thanks 

Pyrojohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another one (or more) with same problem.

4 x Arlo Pro2 with base station, approx 2-3 years old.

First camera (about month ago) running low (10-20%] and shows up as “off line” taken down to charge or changed battery in situ but can’t synchronize, blue light flashed then orange flash, then goes dead. Tried reset and resync with charged battery & connected to charger. Tried removing from base station, but can’t reconnect, tried resetting by removing battery and charger, all to no avail. Retried all options several times.

Replaced with Arlo essential XL and connected to base station.

Second pro2 camera now gone same way.

Dissatisfied customer looking for answers, reasons, or trouble shooting codes.

Also two of my sons pro cameras gone the same way. In same time scale.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pyrojohn Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I too (along with it looks like a LOT of us) am having the same issue!  It sucks that Arlo makes you pay a fee to troubleshoot their faulty devices.  They should POST a fix if there is one!  I'll never buy Arlo again.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope.  That only works if sync is working.  All of the posts say the sync (flashing blue light) doesn't come on...the same issue I'm having.  The blue light comes on for about a second, then goes off, but no blinking

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

They CHARGE to troubleshoot their defective equipment!  This msg is to the moderator that keeps telling us to contact support.  Ridiculous!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gardenut 

Does the same occur if you try and sync while connected to AC power without a battery installed?

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you Shayne, but my cameras are the older model...they don't plug into power.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gardenut 

Thank you for the update, how many of your 3030 cameras are affected?

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

2, although the 2nd one might be a different issue, the light won't even engage with it.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

2, although the 2nd one might be a different issue, the light won't even turn on.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

They CHARGE to troubleshoot their defective equipment! 

While they do either require a subscription or that the equipment be under warranty, they don't add other charges for support.

If the camera is under warranty but w/o a subscription, then access via tha app is difficult.  Mods can/will assist if you ask them (either tagging them in a public thread, or by sending them a private message using the envelope link in the upper right of the forum page).

Though if you have VMC3030 cameras, they are end of life.  So getting a subscription just to get support is probably not a good plan.  Pro 2 cameras don't go end of life until 1 Jan 2025, so that might have been worth a try.

carrias
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.  It just not working whatever you do.  Piece of junk.

carrias
Tutor
Tutor

Why Arlo's customer service not just post out the solution for all your customers which are having the same issue.  

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Probably because they want you to pay $$$ before they will help.  😞

carrias
Tutor
Tutor

I agreed.  It happens right after I cut off the subscription.   I will not purchase Arlo again.  It is a scam.