Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is my camera toast?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Leeeeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my four cameras needed charging (I thought.) I plugged it in, and after a day or two on the charger, I put it back outside. I can't remember what it was (not) doing, but now it sometimes flashes blue and orange - or what they call amber. It wasn't connecting, so I deleted it and was going to start over. Now the base station can't locate it. The support articles say the flashing blue and amber means a firmware update is in progress, but it was only on the one camera, and I think I pulled the battery before I saw that it said "don't turn the camera off." I haven't yet tried a battery from a different camera in this one to see if it's the battery or the camera not working, but was wondering if a new battery would solve the problem. Anybody have knowledge of a situation like this?  TIA

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Now that you've removed the camera from your account and replaced the battery, it would seem that the camera is faulty. There hasn't been a firmware update for these cameras for some time (see the link below) so the update flashing would be incorrect.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation