Camera won't sync-Blue light not blinking

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MarkWCO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 and recently charged the battery.  The charger shows it's at 100%.  When I placed the battery in the camera it simply never showed up as active on the app and was acting like the battery is dead.  

I figured it's best to reset so I removed the camera from the Arlo app.  I then pressed the sync button so that the light would blink blue and I could add it again.  Issue is it won't blink blue.

I have removed the battery several times. At times I kept it in for over an hour, other times I kept it in awhile.  What happens is when I put the battery in the blue light turns on so I know it's getting power.  It stays on a couple seconds and then goes out. I. am unable to have it come on again whether I press sync or not. I have pressed sync over 20 seconds with it still not coming on so of course the app won't find it.

Any idea how I can fix it or is my camera bad?

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try factory resetting the camera by the sync button and test again. You will need to press the sync button for about 15 seconds. You can find more info here: How do I factory reset my Arlo wire-free camera?

MarkWCO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just did that.  Unfortunately nothing happened.  If I remove the battery and put it back in the blue light comes on for 1-2 secs.  Outside of that though I don't get anything to light up at all, it's like it's dead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to sync directly to the base with this method? How do I set up and sync my Arlo wire-free cameras?

MarkWCO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  I tried that and it's still not working.  I am beginning to think the camera is defective now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

dlgoodall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ...I am having the same issue with one of my cameras ...is there a resolve?
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dlgoodall

What is the issue you are experiencing, Can you provide more detail?

dldub292
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this exact same issue.  and it just started happening.  I find it odd that all these people are having the same issue  with one camera right around the same time.  did some updated push out causing this?

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dldub292

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing with your camera?

chrisd99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this resolved for you OP?

I am having the exact same problem. I have 2 cameras in front of the home with my router in the middle of the home and never had any problems for a year.

Now, all of a sudden past 2 weeks or so unless my camera is directly next to the hub, the camera just says "Your Arlo device appears offline". I've recycled everything, cameras hub station. I'm beginning to think your software is defective and this is a gimmick to get us to think we're the problem and upgrade.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I had a n issue with a camera and had to re-sync it.  I too could not get the blue light to blink.

I wound up plugging the camera into an AC outlet and trying it. It worked.

In my case the battery was too low.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation