Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MarkWCO
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Pro 2 and recently charged the battery.  The charger shows it's at 100%.  When I placed the battery in the camera it simply never showed up as active on the app and was acting like the battery is dead.  

I figured it's best to reset so I removed the camera from the Arlo app.  I then pressed the sync button so that the light would blink blue and I could add it again.  Issue is it won't blink blue.

I have removed the battery several times. At times I kept it in for over an hour, other times I kept it in awhile.  What happens is when I put the battery in the blue light turns on so I know it's getting power.  It stays on a couple seconds and then goes out. I. am unable to have it come on again whether I press sync or not. I have pressed sync over 20 seconds with it still not coming on so of course the app won't find it.

Any idea how I can fix it or is my camera bad?

68 REPLIES 68
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try factory resetting the camera by the sync button and test again. You will need to press the sync button for about 15 seconds. You can find more info here: How do I factory reset my Arlo wire-free camera?

MarkWCO
Star
Star

Just did that.  Unfortunately nothing happened.  If I remove the battery and put it back in the blue light comes on for 1-2 secs.  Outside of that though I don't get anything to light up at all, it's like it's dead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to sync directly to the base with this method? How do I set up and sync my Arlo wire-free cameras?

MarkWCO
Star
Star

Yes.  I tried that and it's still not working.  I am beginning to think the camera is defective now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

dlgoodall
Initiate
Initiate
Hi ...I am having the same issue with one of my cameras ...is there a resolve?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dlgoodall

What is the issue you are experiencing, Can you provide more detail?

dldub292
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this exact same issue.  and it just started happening.  I find it odd that all these people are having the same issue  with one camera right around the same time.  did some updated push out causing this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dldub292

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing with your camera?

chrisd99
Tutor
Tutor

Was this resolved for you OP?

I am having the exact same problem. I have 2 cameras in front of the home with my router in the middle of the home and never had any problems for a year.

Now, all of a sudden past 2 weeks or so unless my camera is directly next to the hub, the camera just says "Your Arlo device appears offline". I've recycled everything, cameras hub station. I'm beginning to think your software is defective and this is a gimmick to get us to think we're the problem and upgrade.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I had a n issue with a camera and had to re-sync it.  I too could not get the blue light to blink.

I wound up plugging the camera into an AC outlet and trying it. It worked.

In my case the battery was too low.

Jet54
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with 2 of my eight Arlos cameras. Worked fine for several months and then one and next another gave me the  "Not connected/offline" message. I tried to reinstall them and I cannot get the blue light to blink. I even bought new batteries (even though both cameras are plugged in to AC outlets). Still will not sync.   Argh!

chrisd99
Tutor
Tutor

None of our cameras were working. We had a defective base station no longer after the 1 year manufacturers warranty of course. We eventually found a base station + 1 camera on clearance at a store, if I hadn't found this, I wouldve eventually switched to another company. Completely stupid why they don't sell separate base stations. Both USA and CAD arlo stores had them "sold out" permanently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jet54

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

alien07
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone managed to solve this issue? I have the same issue with no blue blinking light and camera can't sync. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alien07

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing as well as the trouble shooting steps you have performed so far?

Thanks 

johnjrval424
Tutor
Tutor

Exact same issue as everyone else on this thread.  Cameras worked for about a year, maybe year and a half.  Then, one camera started going offline constantly.  I would go outside, get the ladder, unplug the electrical source (I have them plugged into outside outlets because the battery life was maybe 2 days) and plug it back in.  I have Google mesh so I know the internet signal is strong (my phone has full wifi bars outside when I'm at the gutter with the camera).

I would plug it back in and it would stay online for about 2 days then back offline again.  Today, I finally took the stupid thing off the gutter because I couldn't get it to re-sync to my system.  I brought it inside, put it next to the base station, pressed the sync button - nothing.   Took out the battery, put it back in (after 30 seconds or more), plug it back in and the blue light just stays lit.  Sync button does not work - nothing works.  I am very disappointed that I paid so much for this system and it only lasts 2 years.  

I will not buy another Arlo system again - ever.

alien07
Tutor
Tutor

M an, I feel you too. I contacted Arlo support and you know what they said? They said I have to subscribe to their plans to get further support on rectifying this issue. What the nonsense?? Arlo system not working, so I have to pay more to subscribe on a subscription plan for them to even help me with my issue?? Pftt..

alien07
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS,

Same issue as eveyone else. No blinking blue light. Only a solid blue light when plugged in and battery fully charged. Else, a short blinking blue light and nothing. Held down button for 2 secs, nothing, for 15 secs, nothing, for 3 mins, nothing. Other 2 cams can sync, only this can't. 

Rebooted the whole arlo system, no difference. Reset the whole system, same issue. Only 2 cams can sync, this one can't. Replaced with new OE arlo battery, also can't sync. Replaced with existing battery out of the 2 working cams, no difference, still can't sync. 

Contacted customer support. Advised to subscribe to a plan for further help on troubleshooting.......

johnjrval424
Tutor
Tutor

I already subscribed to their most expensive plan ($26/month).  I was better off having a Ring doorbell and my Wyze cameras.  I check my footage and there are gaps where the camera goes off line - or no footage at all - I'm just done.

We are selling our house and I'm leaving these cameras behind.  I will definitely make a different choice at my new house.  Good riddance Arlo.  You've ripped me off long enough.

Lillyrstein
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem right now..Arlo Go2 and it worked at first w/wifi and then I called Verizon to get the card activated and then nothing worked...no blue light anymore no matter what I tried.

Did you ever find your answer?

chrisd99
Tutor
Tutor

An update for everyone still you guys sound like you're having the same issues. 

Camera wouldnt stay connected more than 2 ft. away from the base because the base became defective after 18 months.... long story short I called support they required me to buy a new station.

I said f* this, i was looking for other companies - ready to pay another $500 for some other combo. Fortunately, I found a  base station at best buy with a camera on clearance - it was cheaper than buying a whole new combo (for some reason also base stations dont sell on it's own when I tried looking).

If it wasn't for the clearance system, I would be with some other garbage company.

johnjrval424
Tutor
Tutor

No response whatsoever.  I tried everything.  The camera just wouldn't work - so it was thrown in the trash.  I had 2 extras so I took one of them and put it in the same place.  Guess what - it works.  So, that just confirms my suspicion.  The camera was defective and Arlo could care less.  When the last of them are gone, I will get another brand.  

Lillyrstein
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go2

Thank you for your response....this is the 2nd one I got... I actually have 4 arlopro's camera's and they work, bought over a year ago. But when I both the Arlo go2's the first one did as yours did and no blinking light...so since I ordered through Verizon they worked with me and after I sent back that one they sent a replacement and it happened to it again!!!  ugh....so frustrating...you are right.

I was totally sold on Arlo Camera's till now.... luckily Verizon is willing to give me a refund...

Wonder why they just die like that...

Take Care..