Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
janiceasad
Star
Star

can anyone help because my camera 1 of 4 stopped taking night pics it records but all dark and hardly can see at night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janiceasad wrote:

can anyone help because my camera 1 of 4 stopped taking night pics it records but all dark and hardly can see at night.

What camera model is this?

Is NightVision turned on?

janiceasad
Star
Star

I took it out and reput it in.   It still does not do night vision,    Yes it is on.  Thanks  any info will be helpful

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janiceasad wrote:

I took it out and reput it in.   

Do you mean you removed and reinserted the battery?  Or something else?

@janiceasad wrote:

It still does not do night vision,    Yes it is on.

Is this new behavior (was nightvision working with this camera in this location before)?

janiceasad
Star
Star

Yes  I did take the whole camera off and the battery and restarted it again,   the night vision is on and it always worked here for over 1 year.   I cannot get it to start again.   Any help will be appreciated.  

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you take the camera inside a dark room, do you see any of the front red LEDs illuminated?
Also check the camera settings for video brightness is set to zero or above.
janiceasad
Star
Star

I will try.  Also the brightness was on almost full high now i put it at 0.   I am not sure it will help but I will try.  

janiceasad
Star
Star

Yes I see all the red lights.  4 are bigger than the 4 smaller in the miiddle

Dannybear
Master
Master
This suggest that the camera is automatically switching to night mode with the night LEDs active which suggests some hardware issue.
If you have a subscription you can contact arlo support for further advice.
janiceasad
Star
Star

I dont know what you mean switching.   The camera is turned on to night all the time. It always worked at night before.   I will try though to call arlo.   Thanks for your help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janiceasad wrote:

I dont know what you mean switching.   The camera is turned on to night all the time. 

If you enable nightvision, the camera will detect when it's dark enough to need it. If there's enough light, it won't use it.

janiceasad
Star
Star

Thanks so much for your help.  This week end i will call in and see what they can do.  It still does not light at all at night.  Pure black.   Fine during the day.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janiceasad wrote:

the brightness was on almost full high now i put it at 0.   

Set it back (try the brightest setting, which is 2).

janiceasad
Star
Star

Yes it is new.  It always worked before.   Ihave tried everything i can think of.  It was taken out and reinstalled.  The night vision is on.   Any thing else please let me know

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation