Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

H3 Won’t stay connected

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rks84093
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a camera that keeps disconnecting. It is may be on the edge of distance from the hub but still shows 2 bars and seems to stay connected when I toggle it back on. My question is this - do the newer cameras have improved connection with the hub or Wi-Fi? We had a package stolen yesterday that would have been picked up if the camera weren’t offline. I have a subscription free 7 day storage is not an issue. Base station is VMB4000r3
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Has the problem camera always been going offline or just recently?

I recall that the newer cameras were just as bad if not worse going by posts on the forum.
There is a regulatory limitation on wifi power that can be used by these devices so this will always limit usability.
Can you move the base station closer, this might be a cheaper alternative.
Rks84093
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem has been going on for about 6 months - I just didn't have time to work on it.  I could potentially add a second base station closer.  If I move the current station it will likely cause a problem with the camera at the other end of the house.  Do you know if a second base station is an option?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rks84093 wrote:

Do you know if a second base station is an option?  

You can add a second base.  Note it's not a mesh that is automatically created.  You need to pair each camera with a base (removing one from your existing base, and then adding it to the second one).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation