Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Basta-shute
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, Need help

I have 4 Pro2 cameras that have worked fine for the past 2 years. I have all camera’s on AC power. 1 camera has been turned off for months and when I turned it back on it will not record motion. I checked all settings and they are the same as the other 3 cameras. When armed the motion detect icon (ball with lines) is black. The camera still has live stream with sound and can still record manually. I can do a motion test with AC power but NOT with battery (90%) power. I do not use Activity Zones, Schedules or Geofencing. When camera is armed, and there is motion, it will show the red LED’s around inside edge. This camera has been installed indoors at the same location from day one. I removed and reinstalled camera and rebooted base at least 5 times. Base and camera have the latest firmware. I think the camera may be defected and needs to be replaced. Any help I can receive (before I replace it) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Nettyballs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, last recording was on the 24th, then no notifications, happened after the iPhone app update, no solution yet 🤷🏻‍♀️
Basta-shute
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, My one camera has not recorded motion for more them 2 months now..the other 3 cameras are fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

tobiaspetrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

one of mine stopped recording motion as well.  maybe a couple of weeks ago

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tobiaspetrini

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

tobiaspetrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Toggled settings? What else can i do?

Basta-shute
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve have tried everything including different batteries, different AC plugs, removed and reinstalled the device, rebooted the base numerous times, checked that the base and camera have the latest firmware, and checked every setting. Also I installed the camera using hardware from one of my other 3 working cameras. See my original post for more info.

As you suggested the other day, I reached out this morning to the Arlo Support Team and had an on line chat with an Arlo expert. The expert determined the camera is defected and needs to be replaced, at my expense, because the camera is over 1 year old. You would think that as expensive as these cameras are, they would last longer.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tobiaspetrini

You can try to remove & re-insert the battery or remove the camera from Settings > My devices > Re-add them.

Basta-shute
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Shaynes

Again...I have tried everything including different batteries, different AC plugs, removed and reinstalled the device, rebooted the base numerous times, checked that the base and camera have the latest firmware, and checked every setting. Also I installed the camera using hardware from one of my other 3 working cameras. See my original post for more info.

tobiaspetrini
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did, and now it seems to be working again. Thank you!
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation