Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera is not detecting through glass

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Strodium
Tutor
Tutor

I have put my camera behind my window facing my driveway. Run a motion test and works like a dream. Detects motion from start to finish of my driveway. Now created a new mode that has driveway camera if is to detect any motion to record video. Well even jumping up and down like crazy the camera records nothing! Remember that the motion test shows that slight move is detected from outside the window just fine!  Wave my hand from inside the window it records video just fine.  Move my hand in front of it outside the window nothing happens! What gives Arlo. Is your record algorithm that flawed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

It’s never going to end well if you sit a camera behind a glass window. Wait till it’s dark and you will just end up if it does record with a ‘they came from outer space’ look.

the camera needs to be outside to work at its best.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

It’s never going to end well if you sit a camera behind a glass window. Wait till it’s dark and you will just end up if it does record with a ‘they came from outer space’ look.

the camera needs to be outside to work at its best.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The glass blocks IR which is needed to trigger a recording.... Also will reflect the ir illumination if on and wash out picture.

As mentioned above, the camera need to be outside.

The only camera that works thru glass is the Q cameras as they use pixel change over PIR to detect motion.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Strodium
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Then why it detects NO PROBLEM any motion with the "test motion" app??? How this one works and the trigger needs IR which by the way makes no sense since some  trigger effects happen in a distance!!

Please explain this.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Perhaps they use a combination of movement tests but IR is what it uses and if you place it behind class and some one manages to set it off at night you end up with just a nice white screen of reflections. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation