Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Battery Not Holding Charge

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JenS68
Follower
Follower

Hi All, 

Recently we had a Derecho come through our town. I have a total of 5 cameras that seemed to be working just fine after the storm. One of my cameras was ripped off my garage during the storm. The camera appears to be in tact with just a couple of scratches on it.  The camera records just fine and I recently updated the firmware. I noticed that as the temperature started to get cooler, my garage camera battery is not holding a charge. I am replacing the battery in that one camera at least once a week.  I've taken the garage camera battery, recharged it, and placed the battery into one of the other cameras I have and the  battery is lasting anywhere from 3-4 weeks. Most recently ( Wed, 10/28) I charged the current battery from 50% to 90% while I was updating the firmware and two days later the battery is dead.  I turned the motion sensitivity down to 1%  and its only recording anywhere from 3- 10 videos in any given day and most of those videos are no more than 30 second long.  

My question, could my garage camera itself be the issue why the battery is not staying charged?  4 out of the 5 cameras are almost 2 years old. 

Thank you for any help or guidance. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. If it's the camera, as you suspect, you'll need to replace it or maybe use AC power using an outdoor power cable.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation