Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR with Motion Alerts - Which is Which?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SteveDT
Star
Star

Here's what I can't quite figure out about the CVR plan. So I have the CVR on my Pro 2, and it therefore records 24/7 to the Arlo Cloud. If I went to go back and look at the recording, however, and just jump to times when there is motion, how do I set that up, without getting notifications and 1,000 individual 30-second recordings in my Library? It seems like creating an Alert to "record" when motion is detected is counter-productive, as it's recording 24/7 anyway with the CVR plan, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The CVR records basically 24/7. Any “triggered “ records will show up in the library as normal AND in the CVR timeline as a colored bar at about the time of occurrence.

Dif is you can use alerts on the motion triggered recordings but not the CVR... the CVR just allows a before and after recording to see the whole picture. You also can’t download the CVR.

( not sure I understood yr question completely, hope this helped)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The CVR records basically 24/7. Any “triggered “ records will show up in the library as normal AND in the CVR timeline as a colored bar at about the time of occurrence.

Dif is you can use alerts on the motion triggered recordings but not the CVR... the CVR just allows a before and after recording to see the whole picture. You also can’t download the CVR.

( not sure I understood yr question completely, hope this helped)

Morse is faster than texting!
SteveDT
Star
Star

This is actually very helpful.  Thank you! The value of the alerts within the app is - as you say - at least the triggered events get saved in your library.  The CVR doesn't let you save any video.  

I wonder if Arlo plans on enhancing this at all in the future so that you can disable the hundreds of saved triggered events in your library and just let you save the ones that you need directly from the CVR.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No plans that I know of and it would basically need to be a direct to local storage to pull this off. CVR eats data and would need to be a large hard drive to be able to record even one camera 24/7. A test I did years ago gave me >1GB file for ~1 hour recording at 720p.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation