Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Have 2 base station on diff places (Arlo Pro 2) . One with 2 cameras and one with 4 carmeras. I would like to put one extra camera in each station. Question is if I can buy a new base station with 2 cameras but only use to cameras to the other existing base stations since better deals then to buy only 2 cameras separately and then I also have one extra base station if one broke. Or are the cameras only to be used to the base station that follows??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@MartinSwede wrote:

Hi,

Have 2 base station on diff places (Arlo Pro 2) . One with 2 cameras and one with 4 carmeras. I would like to put one extra camera in each station. Question is if I can buy a new base station with 2 cameras but only use to cameras to the other existing base stations since better deals then to buy only 2 cameras separately and then I also have one extra base station if one broke. Or are the cameras only to be used to the base station that follows??

Yes, you can use those new cameras with your exisiting base station.  No problem.  I do this frequently when camera kits are offered at "Sale" prices.  I recently purchased a 4 camera kit from Best Buy for exactly this reason.  Sometimes the kit offers cameras at a lower price than the add-on cameras alone and you get a spare base staton as well as other kit components as part of the bargin.  There is no pre-attachment to the base station included in the kit.  The cameras are associated with the base station manually by the user during the setup process and you can remove cameras from a base station at any time and add them to a different base station, if desired.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@MartinSwede wrote:

Hi,

Yes, you can use those new cameras with your exisiting base station.  No problem.  I do this frequently when camera kits are offered at "Sale" prices.  I recently purchased a 4 camera kit from Best Buy for exactly this reason.  Sometimes the kit offers cameras at a lower price than the add-on cameras alone and you get a spare base staton as well as other kit components as part of the bargin.  There is no pre-attachment to the base station included in the kit.  The cameras are associated with the base station manually by the user during the setup process and you can remove cameras from a base station at any time and add them to a different base station, if desired.

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

@MartinSwede @AncientGeek  AncientGeek is right.  I move my cameras around different base stations all the time.  They are not linked to the base station that came in the the same box.   However there are two important points:

1) To add camera to a new base station you must first delete it from the previous base station (settings, my devices, remove device.)

2) To remove a camera, you must be logged in to the correct owner account.  You can't remove a camera from a guest or invitee account, even of you have been granted administrator access.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation