Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tessellation
Tutor
Tutor

1. Go to: Modes > Edit Mode (Armed) > Edit Rule

2. Click "Motion is detected" > Motion Settings

3. Change the motion sensitivity.

4. Click [BACK] (there is no "Save" button).

5. Return to the Devices view.

6. Repeat steps 1 & 2 to view the motion sensitivity value.

RESULT: Motion sensitivity returns to previous value.

This works fine when using the iPad app, but not when using the Web Portal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here. When you go back from setting the sensitivity, the rule has a Save button at the bottom. Be sure to use that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here. When you go back from setting the sensitivity, the rule has a Save button at the bottom. Be sure to use that.

tessellation
Tutor
Tutor

Ah, yes, that's the problem. Thanks! Wow. [Save] is on the previous page and hidden off-screen. *sigh*

chawks
Guide
Guide

"Save" seems only to appear in the iPad app and NOT the portal for sure. And hitting "Back" doesn't save anything. It appears to do so if you go immediately back to the setting where "Back" was selected but selecting anything else and then returning to the changed setting reveals that it was in fact NOT changed.

I was able to use the iPad app as a work-around but since the web portal doesn't work, I would certainly NOT consider this issue "Solved!"

Crazy that the most ubiquitous interface lacks such a critical function while a more niche UX has it. WOW...

Seriously.

tessellation
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, they need a new status "Solved, but the UX still sucks."

chawks
Guide
Guide

Or "Solved... yeah; that's the ticket! At least as far as you know..."

Or "Solved 'cause we said so - even if it's not."

LOL

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@chawks wrote:

"Save" seems only to appear in the iPad app and NOT the portal for sure. And hitting "Back" doesn't save anything. It appears to do so if you go immediately back to the setting where "Back" was selected but selecting anything else and then returning to the changed setting reveals that it was in fact NOT changed.

Sorry to disappoint but I just tried it again and it sure does work in the web portal for both the Armed and custom modes.

Your'e right, going Back doesn't save but, as I posted before, once you go back, there's a Save button for the rule. You have to look at the whole interface which may mean you need to scroll down.

chawks
Guide
Guide

Ah! Thanks!

No disappointment in something that actually works! 🙂

It is rather odd to have to hit <Back> to get to <Save> - which you were spot on, it was a good scroll down and where the screen broke it looked like the end of the HTML presentation of what was there. So I just missed it.

Again, thanks!!

C

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation