Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Brand new Pro 2 system not detecting motion and notifying very slowly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just purchased and installed an Arlo pro 2 four camera system. I followed all the instructions and updated all the firmware in the base station and the cameras. I upgraded my subscription to Smart Elite with CVR for 2 of the cameras. One of the cameras I installed on my front porch in wired mode is not detecting motion at all anymore. I set up activity zones, I am in the armed mode, motion detection and person detection is on, the sensivity is set correctly, the connection to the base station has "full bars", and my internet service is 150mbps up and down fiber. I can walk in front of the camera as much as I like and it might record based on sound but will not trigger motion at all. The light on the left side of the camera was solid blue. I tried the motion detection test and got no orange blink from the camera at all. My other cameras work fine with the motion detection test and give recordings and notifications properly.

I removed the battery and power cable and reinstalled them after a few minutes. No change in behavior. I soft reset the base station from the app. Now it seems to be detecting motion, but the alerts are very slow and it is missing very obvious people in it's detection. Notifications of motion or people are coming 30+ seconds after the event happens. When I first set up my cameras before I upgraded to Arlo Smart the detection seemed instant!

I see a lot of negative reviews here about technical problems and how Arlo doesn't care. Did I waste my money on this system? Will it be fixed in a firmware update? Does anybody have a stable, reliable system that notifies them quickly?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You state that two of the four cams work fine...

Are the cameras that are giiving you problems the two under smart and CVR??

Verify that the two cameras are armed ( armed them and go to live view screen ( devices ))... the "running man" should be black and NOT gray.

( btw, never used the motion test option, just armed all of mine and tested for detection on app, then adjust sense level as needed )

The cameras sense levels need to be adjusted for location... most of mine run at about 90-92%,  Remember also that the max range to detect people is 25 ft +/-

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

All of them are notifying slowly. It takes 30seconds to 2 minutes for a push notification to show up on my phone. The system is most definitely armed.

I tried rebooting the base station (pulled the power, put it back in and waited 5 minutes). That made it worse. One camera stopped working completely, it showed up as fine in the arlo app but it detected no motion, had no notifications, and live view didn't work. The other ones still had slow notifications.

I also tested my internet and have 150+mbit up and down. So bandwidth is not an issue.

From there I removed all devices from my arlo account, factory reset the base station, and re-paried all the cameras. No change. Push notifications still take a very long time to arrive.

It seems something is wrong with the Arlo cloud service?

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue still remains the same. Tried resetting everything again. Double checked and reset my internet connection. Tried on wifi and cellular. Always the same, the Arlo cloud service doesn't send the notification until way after the event happens.

Lots of other issues happening too. Corrupted recordings, missing audio, CVR glitches, camera missing motion entirely. Arlo needs to fix this ASAP or at least acknowledge that something is wrong and they are working to fix it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Given the number of issues you seem to be experiencing, I recommend opening a support case with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation