Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cliff204
Follower
Follower

TERRIBLE, JUST TERRIBLE SERVICE !!!  I bought the pro 2 with 6 cameras and it said I would be able to subscribe to a $99.00 annual plan.  That's a lie, an outright lie !  After wasting my entire weekend trying to sign up and trying to call support I finally talked to someone in the Philippines who said the plan is no longer available.  What a crock.  I just bought this set up last week.  While I'm at this, let me ask some questions that might seem stupid but to me they aren't.  

Does buying a charging cord and charger for the camera take the place of 110 volt set up?  I'm assuming it does, but it doesn't say.  Also, shopping for longer charging cords shouldn't take 5 hours of research only to find out some cords work and others are cheap knock offs that are a waste of money.  I love the system so far, but customer service ?  Not at all.  I really want this company to succeed but the parent company better take some immediate steps to be customer oriented. 

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Cliff204 wrote:

Does buying a charging cord and charger for the camera take the place of 110 volt set up? 

What do you mean by that?

Reference to "charging cord and charger" could mean several things.

For example, you can buy a charging cord and charger to charge batteries outside the camera. You take out the batteries and put them in the charger.

It could also be a power supply that you plug into the camera to deliver volts. These come in different flavours, indoor and outdoor.  The difference is in the design of the USB plug that fits into the camera. The outdoor power supply is supposed to be waterproof.

In effect, the power supplies for cameras are just USB chargers, designed to connect to Arlo cameras.

The advantage of having permanent power is that it allows features that will not work with battery only power.

It is your call as to the wisdom of using third party equipment.

@Cliff204 wrote:

I really want this company to succeed but the parent company better take some immediate steps to be customer oriented. 

There is no parent company. Arlo is Arlo. It separated from Netgear a year or so ago.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation