Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Leonheartx
Follower
Follower
Hey guys,
I have four arlo pro 2 installed around the house.
In the past few days my arlo pro cameras just drained within days.
This includes one that’s not even turned on, and another that’s usually always 100% as it’s hooked to the solar panel charger.

Usually my other two that constantly records lasts about 2-3 months per charge.

Did an update come out that screwed up all of my arlo batteries or something?? my arlos are all fairly new.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No such issues here. Start by rebooting your base.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No such issues here. Start by rebooting your base.

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor

Hello

I have two Arlo Pro wireless cameras. They used to last 3-4 days on a battery charge, but now I'm lucky to get 36 hours. This started just after the last firmware update on May 5th.

@Arlosupport  are you looking into this issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pnieuw wrote:

I have two Arlo Pro wireless cameras. They used to last 3-4 days on a battery charge, but now I'm lucky to get 36 hours. This started just after the last firmware update on May 5th.

Are you seeing problems with the camera->base connection (pixelated video, low signal strength, failure to connect when live streaming)?

Also, are you seeing an increase in the amount of video recording?

FWIW, even 3-4 days per charge is unusually short.

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor

Hello

I am not seeing a change in the number of recordings. The cameras are pointed at my driveway so I capture cars going past, but it is set for just the duration of the motion, so most recordings are 15 seconds. I get about 75 per day. The only change has been battery duration, and a sudden drop off. I'm ok with every 3 or 4 days. The batteries and the cameras are 2.5 years old. Maybe I just need new batteries, but the sudden change is what is puzzling.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

75 videos of 15 seconds is still >3x the spec for battery life. Unless you REALLY need the cars going by, I would rotate the camera down to eliminate them from view. That may or may not relate to the sudden drop in battery life.

You can reboot the base and remove/resync the cameras to see if anything changes.

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor
If nothing changed and I suddenly see a drop in performance it isn't the amount of recordings. Nothing else has changed. So while I can adjust my video range that isn't a solution to whatever changed to cause this.
Mike1357
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine did this after the last firmware update. Happened to both cameras. Let them both die and recharged. Still died within a day with only 4 or 5 recordings. Had to full reset the entire system and reconnect the cams. Battery life normal now.

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Mike.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. Both should be drained by tomorrow and I'll do as you suggested. I'll let you know if that works! 

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor

I did that first thing - twice, two days apart. No difference.

pnieuw
Tutor
Tutor

Update:

Arlo updated the firmware (again) on May 12th. Miraculously, the problem is gone - I am again getting several days of activity on one charge. Obviously something was wrong with the May 5th update that was fixed by the latest update. Thanks for those that replied. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation