Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station keeps going offline, no reset button on mobile app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Eincraft
Follower
Follower

We have two Arlo systems. One of them, the oldest one, frequently goes offline when we are traveling.

I saw in an arlo community strong to try restarting it via the mobile app. However, the older router doesn’t have a reset button, although the newer one does

Is there a solution here beyond buying a replacement router?

6 REPLIES 6
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm also having the same problem you are
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the base is truly offline, you can't communicate with it. If online, there's a Restart button at the bottom of the base settings page. Doesn't matter which base you have - they all have this.

Trying to chase down a disconnected base while out of town is impossible. I would suggest the following:

1) Use a UPS for your modem, router and base to always keep the network and Arlo working even during a power outage. This helps prevent issues when the base is ready before the router after an outage.

2) Use a WiFi power switch such as a WeMo that the base plugs into so you can remotely power cycle the base.

There's also been a number of complaints of recent firmware updates causing various bases to go offline. We don't know the reason but yours may be one of the affected. Not much you can do other than to wait for a new firmware release and to use the suggestions above.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Your first sentence tells the whole story at times I am unable to communicate with Arlo through the app,on my phone. This happens weather I am home on Wi-Fi or away from the house. The app will say Arlo is offline and there was nothing wrong with my internet connection in the house
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I also would like to add that I've had Arlo Pro pro 2 cameras for at least four years now. These problems only started with the recent firmware updates. Now for instance I have a camera on the garage facing the two car driveway I have a camera in the garage and I have a camera at the side door. It's Saturday night 9:58 p.m. my wife backs car into the driveway no alerts from Arlo. She now backs the car into the garage I got an alert. At this point I load the app Arlo onto my phone Arlo says getting status waited and waited now it says Arlo offline. About 10 minutes later I got the alert from the driveway when my wife back the car into the driveway the alert came through 10 minutes later next I got the alert from the side door when she came in the house that alert also came in 10 minutes later. About 15 minutes went by I tried to load the Arlo app again on my phone and now it works fine. So the fact is that arlo is intermittently going offline
gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up my internet modem and Arlo router on a Remote IP Switch 2 plug unit that I bought from 5g store. I have the ability to remotely reset one or both units at the same time. Currently on the road traveling and have successfully tested all the functions of the unit.

gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also need to add that the remote ip switch will automatically restart modem and router after a internet or power outage.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation