Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station offline? Tried removing and reinstalling. Even tried resetting to factory default.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woke up and noticed my Base Station  had gone offline. Like gremlins tampered with it during the night. 🙂  Was fine when I went to bed. So far I’ve turned it off and on, removed and re-instated it, unplugged and re-plugged cables following ‘Troubleshooting Guidance on Arlo Web Site to no avail.  

As a last resort I’ve even reset it back to factory default, still no joy. The power light is solid green, Camera  light is blinking green. Internet  light is out completely. When I power cycle the base station, the internet light comes on (solid green) but then goes out again immediately.  I have various other devices on the same Wi-Fi Network and none of them is having connectivity issues!!!.  Model VMB4000r3, 

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

After fiddling with cables, plugging and re-plugging, removing and re-adding device again and again, the Base Station finally “found” the network and I was able to sync 2 other cameras to it.

However, when trying to sync 3rd camera, got message that Base Station was “offline”. Check internet connectivity status and this time, there is a green solid light. But still unable to add 3rd camera as I keep getting message that base station if offline!. Oh well...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

After fiddling with cables, plugging and re-plugging, removing and re-adding device again and again, the Base Station finally “found” the network and I was able to sync 2 other cameras to it.

However, when trying to sync 3rd camera, got message that Base Station was “offline”. Check internet connectivity status and this time, there is a green solid light. But still unable to add 3rd camera as I keep getting message that base station if offline!. Oh well...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation