Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Our cameras are going "offline" about once a week

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Niegsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our cameras are going "offline" about once a week. I have reset everything multiple times, software is up to date, and the interent is connected by a cable and has had continuous connection (meaning it has not gone out at any point). Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening? 

Will have to take my business elsewhere if this in not solved soon. Seems to be a porblem for many people. 

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Niegsch

What do the Status LEDs display on the front of the Base Station when this issue occurs? Do your devices appear offline on the Web browser & the Arlo app?

Jrussell271
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same issues, and today it is much worse.  After resetting the base last week, I now have one camera that will not re-pair, and today I have two cameras that won't connect (one on USB power and one on battery).  Given the fact that most new Arlo cameras require a subscription, I can't say I am surprised.  I am now leaning towards another non-Arlo options.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jrussell271

Thanks for letting us know. Have you tried to pair the one camera with the AC power adapter attached? Does the blue status LED illuminate when you insert the battery?

For the other cameras appearing offline, Have you tried to remove > Re-insert the batteries?

Niegsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

It shows it's offline when I check the status on the website. The library has recent videos recorded, and the server/home base is showing all green lights. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Niegsch

Is this issue appearing on the Arlo mobile app as well?

Jrussell271
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issues seems to have gone away now...my guess is that something on the Arlo servers was corrected.  But this type of outage/issue makes me question expanding my camera inventory (already have one that refuses to pair - even if on just battery, plugged in with battery, or just plugged in).  There does not seem to be a way to update the firmware.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jrussell271

Thank you for providing your feedback. It sounds like the one camera with a pairing issue may have some type of hardware issue.  Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

kobusswart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem.  One camera went offline which a replaced with a standby I had and now a second camera went offline, as well as the first one again.  The cameras are in difficult positions placed so it take a lot of effort to exchange them.  I am very disappointed in the product at the moment and considering replacing the complete set-up with another more trusted and reliable product.

Jrussell271
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I spoke too fast. Last night, hun was offline for no reason. And today they hub is on, but no alerts come through (or are extremely late). I told myself that if problems continued, I’d find an alternative product that is stable. Sounds like that time is now. The whole point of security cameras is to have a reliable solution. Arlo is no longer reliable.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kobusswart

Are you still receiving recordings or notifications while they appear offline? Do the cameras appear offline in the Arlo app & Web browser? 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation