Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Alan_1
Initiate
Initiate

Can anyone help please? My system was working fine until a couple of days ago, my app now shows the base station is offline. I have turned the base station off and on, reset it, removed cables but with no joy. The base station power light is permanent green The internet light is solid but then flashes 4 times all green The camera light is permanently amber. Any ideas?

95 REPLIES 95
wilmar
Initiate
Initiate

vms 4430-100 base station won't  connect to internet after all the above suggestions

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wilmar

What are the status LED lights displaying on the front of your base station?

tamwpf
Initiate
Initiate

App will not recognize Base Station.  Followed all instructions on Community Conversations, but still will not recognize Base or Cameras.  Need help!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tamwpf

What are the status LEDs displaying on the front of the base station?

Is this occurring on the web browser as well?

steventhien
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @steventhien

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

anitavick
Aspirant
Aspirant
Internet light will not come on the base station. Cameras worked. Then recharged batteries. Have not worked since. Arlo says it is our internet speed. Too slow. Is this true.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@anitavick

What color is the internet LED displaying?

anitavick
Aspirant
Aspirant
The internet light won’t light. It is blank.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the LED on the router LAN port?  Is that lit?  

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

anitavick
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have tried three new cables. The orbi router is working correctly. Arlo has stated it is not working because we have a slow internet.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@anitavick wrote:
Arlo has stated it is not working because we have a slow internet.

How slow is it?  The uplink speed is the one that matters most.  Have you checked it with speedtest.net?  You can do this either from a PC, or from your Orbi.

@anitavick wrote:
We have tried three new cables. The orbi router is working correctly. 

Are you seeing the base station in Orbi's attached device list?

anitavick
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have run several speed tests. Upload is .93 - 1.1 mbps. It varies. We only only have 4.3 mbps at the most here in western North Carolina.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@anitavick wrote:
Yes I have run several speed tests. Upload is .93 - 1.1 mbps. It varies. We only only have 4.3 mbps at the most here in western North Carolina.

They do say that each Ultra needs a 4 mbps upload; the others each need 1 mbps.  I'd expect the base to connect though - though streaming and recording videos would result in video corruption.

Given your internet speed, these cameras probably aren't a good fit for you.  Is it too late to return them?

The Arlo Go might work - if you have fast enough cellular service.  You would of course have to pay for the data plan. 

jbb643
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power light and the camera light are both on and solid lime green ... the internet {center} light is off.  Tried re-booting the base station {pressing and hold the top sinc button} and also tried unpluging both the power and internet contection ... nothing worked ... Also on my Arlo app under "modes" then my devices this base station shows "off" {we have another base station at our lake house which shows "armed"so the app appears to be OK} and there is no way to turn in on this second base station from the app, so that option also doesn't work  ... any suggestions

anitavick
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are taking them back because nobody discussed the internet speed with us. It will be a big store credit though. Any suggestions on cameras? Will be well accepted. Thank you.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@anitavick wrote:
We are taking them back because nobody discussed the internet speed with us. It will be a big store credit though. Any suggestions on cameras? Will be well accepted. Thank you.

I don't have a specific suggestion, but I think the best fit for you is a local setup that doesn't use cloud storage.  You'll give up real-time notifications - but seeing the video on your cell phone is going to be a problem anyway with your internet speed.  You'll also give up the smart classification (since that needs cloud computing).

On the plus side, you won't be dependent on your internet connection, and a local system won't require subscriptions.

I don't know of any good local cameras that run on battery only though - that is an area where Arlo excels.  If you can get ethernet to them (100 m cable distance) you could use power-over-ethernet cameras.

Dmscnc
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dmscnc

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

KGB1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to locate my base station and the cameras with no luck.  I have attached the power and ethernet to my base and modem.  What am I doing wrong?

Saco3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have tried recycling, etc. Unit will not reset.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You might do better to start a new discussion about your own problem. This one has been running for a while and has all sorts of things going on.

As it is, your message contains too little detail for any clear diagnosis.

If you start a  new message, explain what you are doing and where things go wrong.

Begin with the quick start guide for your device. Tell people which steps don't work. Give then some idea of what you see on the lights on the hardware.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KGB1 wrote:

I am trying to locate my base station and the cameras with no luck.  I have attached the power and ethernet to my base and modem.  What am I doing wrong?

Is this a new installation?  What model base station do you have?  What is the status of the LED(s) on the base - please give color for each, and say whether it is flashing or solid.

sherwin10189
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @StephenB Can I reset remotely???

MrBill16
Tutor
Tutor
No, but for future problems I am using a Wyze remote switch to power the basestation. Now when it goes offline, I turn the Wyze switch off and then on, forcing a restart.