Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Alan_1
Initiate
Initiate

Can anyone help please? My system was working fine until a couple of days ago, my app now shows the base station is offline. I have turned the base station off and on, reset it, removed cables but with no joy. The base station power light is permanent green The internet light is solid but then flashes 4 times all green The camera light is permanently amber. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base again. The solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Worst case, you may need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base again. The solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Worst case, you may need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

Alan_1
Initiate
Initiate
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station was offline this morning. After reading some of the solutions, I pressed the Sync button on the base station. Only one camera came back online. The other two did not.  What do I do now?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Toni1946

Have you tried to remove the batteries for the Pro/Pro2 & or open and close the battery door for the (Origina Wire Free)?

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have not tried that yet.  I will tonight as soon as I get home.  Thank you so much. I sure hope it works. I don't want to have to call someone out!

Dycon
Initiate
Initiate

My base station worked fine up untill two days ago and then it said it was offline . ive tried resetting it and removing it from my appthen tryiny to add it back but my app dosent even detect it . it says no device found. the base station has all three lights green on it but its not send out any signal

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've already started the reset process, finish it. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Once it's rebooted, use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the ecameras. Update firmware as you go, if prompted.

Having all 3 green LEDs means the base is stil recognized so it can't be claimed again. The above will resolve that issue.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for all the suggestions. I did have to change the batteries (not sure I had to put fresh batteries in the cameras, but did that anyway). They did finally sync with the base station, after I had hit the sync button on the base station.

tjbrn
Initiate
Initiate

I just set up my security system for the first time. When I try to synch the cameras, the amber light comes on. I would guess that my base station has not been "claimed" or registered or what ever so the cameras can't synch to the base. How do I claim or register the base so I can synch the cameras?

@Alan_1 wrote:

Can anyone help please? My system was working fine until a couple of days ago, my app now shows the base station is offline. I have turned the base station off and on, reset it, removed cables but with no joy. The base station power light is permanent green The internet light is solid but then flashes 4 times all green The camera light is permanently amber. Any ideas?

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

When mine went offline, I held the button top of the station for a few seconds to sync it to my wifi. It worked.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had to switch out the batteties on my two other cameras, even though they were still good, and that did the trick!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@tjbrn wrote:

I just set up my security system for the first time. When I try to synch the cameras, the amber light comes on. I would guess that my base station has not been "claimed" or registered or what ever so the cameras can't synch to the base. How do I claim or register the base so I can synch the cameras?

Use the directions that came with the system. The Add Device selection on the Devices tab is used to claim the base. Just choose the picture with all the different bases and follow the directions.

bobbieh1
Tutor
Tutor
I have 4 cameras up and I am getting a message that it’s offline! I have removed them from the base station twice and added them back. How many times do I have to do this?
CCPL01
Initiate
Initiate

same situation here, have tried removing all devices, removed batteries on 3 cameras, reconnected base station, tried to sync 3 cameras ..... still comes back with devices offline ..... why has this suddnely happened, and how many times do I have to try to reset everything up??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the adult is showing through.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ekusmerz

Did you reboot your base station as a (reset) or did you reboot your cameras by removing & reinserting the batteries? we would like to help you, but nead clear information regarding the troubleshooting.

CCPL01
Initiate
Initiate

yes, 3 times

MMtwins719
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to start from starch again because my base was offline. And now it’s not allowing me to add the cameras. Any suggestions?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you started from scratch, did you remove all devices in Settings, My Devices? What are the LEDs on the base showing? You should have green power and Internet LEDs and the Camera LED should be off or solid amber. If not, hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try again.

eantonsen
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo has been offline for the past few days. I'm out of town, thus, as soon as I get back, I'm throwing Arlo away and buying another reliable system. What security? What's the point keeping a security system that goes offline quite often. Fortunately, I've ADT as a backup.
Blennon
Initiate
Initiate

I've had this arlo for about 10 months. Always worked. a few weeks ago I did the firmware update and a week ago left for vacation for a week. 2 hours after leaving and being on a plane (so no way to fix) it went off line. So, this system is next to useless for when I need it most. Now back home I am trying every suggestion listed here and can not get cameras to re-sync or anything. Arlo let me down when I wanted it most. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a brute force method that may not work but can save a lot of time. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base as new. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

NasserA
Initiate
Initiate

it was offline a few times, I just put the power off/on, then it will work normal, until about 3 days ago, it's totally offline. on the base station, it's only the power led on.

Any suggestion to solve the problem? Thank you.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

When my base station went offline, I changed my batteries in each of my cameras and they came back up. I'm not totally happy with Arlo. Sometimes it records a short amount of time and other times a longer period, when it isn't necessary. I'm thinking of looking into something else.