Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Alan_1
Initiate
Initiate

Can anyone help please? My system was working fine until a couple of days ago, my app now shows the base station is offline. I have turned the base station off and on, reset it, removed cables but with no joy. The base station power light is permanent green The internet light is solid but then flashes 4 times all green The camera light is permanently amber. Any ideas?

95 REPLIES 95
genemullins
Initiate
Initiate

tried this along with every other Arlo solution; nothing works. send me a working base station

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sherwin10189 wrote:

Hey @StephenB Can I reset remotely???

No.  You can restart base stations remotely, but up cannot reset them.

Shellyb87
Initiate
Initiate
My base station is always offline. I have to reset every day for some reason. I am out of town now and I pull up the Arlo app and of course shows base station is offline. So this security is pretty worthless to me. I am at my wit’s end.
rdsschwarz
Tutor
Tutor

I have four cameras, and all four will not power up. They all read Your base station is off line. What do I do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdsschwarz wrote:

I have four cameras, and all four will not power up. They all read Your base station is off line. What do I do?

Have you restarted the base station?

Sharieyamore
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much for the help, because my arlo base station just started saying offline and I reset it and unplugged everything but when I renamed it and added devices it started working!
VRW
Star
Star

Why do your replies say "SOLVED" ?? When it isn't!  My system still goes offline.  This is a very unreliable system.  Either fix it or refund my purchase price!

a62dave
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @a62dave

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

a62dave
Tutor
Tutor
VMB3010r2: just decided to stop working one day.
Steps I've taken:
Turned it off, then back on.
Unplugged it, then plugged it back in.
Changed Ethernet cable.
Moved cable to different port. All ports work with other devices.
Checked for updated firmware in the Arlo app-none available.
Batteries in all cameras at adequate capacities.
Arlo app shows my two powered cameras working fine.
All other devices connected to my ISP's router work fine.
Arlo app tells me the device itself (Arlo router) is offline.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@a62dave

Thank you for that. What are the status LEDs displaying on the front of the base station?

lavajava
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  I moved and had been screwing around with my base station for days trying to add it back--this tip did the trick.  Thanks@!

a62dave
Tutor
Tutor
I cannot tell which status lights are on as I am out of town. If memory serves, the two on the left were on, the rest were off.
I will be replacing the Arlo system with a /reliable/ system upon my return. Motion activation always sucked, making them pretty worthless anyway, no matter the sensitivity setting.
JonasPersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and have tried the previous steps without success.

When I add a new device, it won't be found even though my phone is on the same network and the device shows a solid green light that it's connected to the network?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JonasPersson

Have you tried to add the base over the web portal/browser?

a62dave
Tutor
Tutor

The base unit is now online and recognized. Don’t ask me how or why.
The current problem is the cameras connected to it keep disconnecting from it, rendering it useless. Worked fine for the past two years.
Batteries are full capacity andWiFi strength is good, before you ask.
I get tired of having to continually re-sync them to the base station.
I’m tired of this c.

proph3ttt
Initiate
Initiate
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @proph3ttt

What is the status of the LED's displaying on your base station?

BodinHeavyDuty1
Initiate
Initiate

so I have had this problem several times. Everytime I have to reset the base station and then all the cameras. Has anyone had this issue? I am less than amused with Arlo. I have heard the other systems have the same issues. Ready to go to a wired system. In the mean time I would like to see if I can get a solution for this issue.  

Noneofurbusines
Tutor
Tutor
What does that mean?
Tigerbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

There has been some lost functionality with the latest iOS app update (11/2019).  You can add cameras but not base stations, and recent firmware updates may not show up.  Try connecting your base station using your laptop computer.