Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Detection keeps enabling after disabled/turned off?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor

Only been almost 6 months since this was posted and the same bug exists. I'm sure it'll be fixed anytime now like the rest of the persistent problems that plague the app.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Mobalized,

Just to make sure, have you checked your rules to see if you have it enabled or disabled? Check on both the mobile app and the web client.

Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP - I do appreciate you taking the time to respond and realize that part of your job involves assuming end users are likely morons. However, I have obviously verified that audio triggering is disabled (in all modes and on all cameras), yet on NUMEROUS and I do mean NUMEROUS occasions it re-enables itself (only on one camera) as well as usually messing up my schedule mode at the same time. When the schedule glitch happens it removes modes from periods in time, or from days all together. I can duplicate this pretty much anytime you'd like to see and could probably even take a video to show you; but you'd have to promise that someone is actually going to do something to fix the issues. Oh did I mention the other glitch where my Pro 2 stops saving videos to library for ALL motion events as well? I have to remove the activity zones that are assigned to the camera, then it begins working normally again for some random period of time before activity zones stop working again. During this time the motion detection turns orange, the mode is set to send notifications, and record for the duration of movement. I'd love to contact support but I don't have hours to waste being asked if I could turn the hub or cameras off and back on, unsync and resync, and then tell me that they've never seen this or don't know how to fix the issue. Even though I've found instances on this forum of all these complaints from other users spanning months, yet they still exist.

I love the Arlo cameras, but these forums and my personal experience go to show the app experience is garbage at best.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation