Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mel4681
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 camera system and an Arlo security light and bridge for our home almost two weeks ago.  I am trying to use the app to set up a schedule for both the cameras and the light.  It seems as though the schedule works correctly for the cameras, but not at all for the light.  When it’s supposed to be armed, it’s disarmed.  I can’t make it change modes from disarmed through the schedule at all.  This leaves me using the schedule for my cameras, but manually changing the mode for the light (which is pretty annoying).  I’ve tried rebooting the base station and the bridge to no avail.  I’m running the app on my iPhone iOS 11.4.1 and Arlo app version 2.5.4.  

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing to try is to use a computer browser and see if that works any better for setting up modes, rules and schedules.

I use schedules for my cameras and lights with no problems. A possible solution is to set up rules that include the lights along with the cameras (set up a mode with rules for your cameras and use Add Device in the rule for lights).

Maybe screenshots of your rules and schedule would be useful.

mel4681
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried using a computer browser to set up the schedule, which also did not work for the light.  The cameras/base station schedule work fine.  But no schedule I try to apply either through the app or website to the light/bridge actually change the mode for the light at any point during the day.  It stays "Disarmed" on the phone app and actually doesn't say anything when I look at it through a computer brower.  It just shows the little clock icon with no word.  Below are screen shots of the current modes for my cameras and light and the schedules for both.  Right now, both should be in "Day" mode.DeviceModes.PNGCameraSchedule.PNGLightSchedule.PNG 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you unplug and re-plug in the bridge? How about removing everything from the lights schedule and recreate it, perhaps from a browser? As a last resort, perhaps removing the lights and bridge from Settings, My Devices and re-add them may be ueful.

mel4681
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did all that and actually got the schedule working. I think using a computer was what did the trick. But everything concerning the schedule completely quits working anytime I try to do anything through the iOS app. The phone app is completely broken when it comes to the schedule. Continuing to suggest people can only change modes on this system using a computer will only drive people away from what is otherwise a great system. Please fix the iPhone app so that it has full functionality. People need the ability to manually change modes from their phones and then return to their regular schedule without worrying if it’s actually going to work every time.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS mobile app is now available from the app market: Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.5 -12th August 2018

Please make sure you have the latest version installed.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation