Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Womtron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using 2 vmb4000 base stations, one in the front of the house connected to 2 pro2 wireless cameras and one in the back of the house connected to one wireless pro2 camera. Two of the cameras are always online, one of the cameras connected to the front base station always goes off line about 5 minutes after rebooting the base station. When the camera is online it has all bars connected to the base station, so it is not a weak signal. I have tried removing the device, then adding it back in, I have tried 3 different  cameras in that location, but no matter what I do the camera in that location always goes offline in about 5 minutes. The problem location is outside directly below the base station, probably less than 10 feet away. Could this be a faulty base station?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have swapped multi cameras to that location and they all go offline after a while ... it sounds more like an issue with the location  ( some form of interference there )

What else is nearby...microwave, another router, ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Womtron
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was a Netgear extender between the base and the camera, I did unplug it last night, it didn't seem to help at first, but the camera seems to have been online most of today , we'll see how it does tonight. I also rebooted my main router, Google Fiber, hopefully it will have chosen a different frequency which won't interfere with the base station's or camera's 2.4 GHz selection.

Womtron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it just went off-line! The other two cameras are working just fine ... any other ideas?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try another channel on the router.... the bases if are close they will follow.

If the bases are far enough away they will stay on the previous channels.

For some reason that location is not working

Morse is faster than texting!
Womtron
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is very disappointing. The location is the middle of my driveway, in the front of my garage. I really need this location to work. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation