Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 61 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
CHill003
Follower
Follower

Hi, I'm a potential customer and would like to know when the Arlo Pro 2 (1080 cameras) will be available in the UK... or has this model been released. Thnx

61 REPLIES 61
BlueSkiesUK
Tutor
Tutor
Same question. Potential customer wanting to purchase up to 10 Arlo Pro 2s. Need to know UK release date please.

Arlo Pro was released approx Feb 2017; does that mean that Arlo Pro 2 will be release approx Jan/Feb 2018?
brennie
Tutor
Tutor

Hello....not particularly interested in a free camera...really want the question answered “ when will the Arlo Pro 2 be available in the UK?”

simple question ...waiting to invest...

thank you

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Guys sat in London ordered Amazon USA arrived today fitted Pro 2, replaced Pro 1.

Done vastly superior picture and cost was £485 including import duty
brennie
Tutor
Tutor

Re your order from the US...What exactly did you order and how long did it take?

Was it a bundle or individual cameras to add to an existing system?

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ordered via Amazon US (but clicked the Arlo US site link to buy, which took me to Amazon USA).

I ordered a Pro2 Two Camera kit (with Base station).

A direct swap for my Pro1 system, which i returned, as barely had it two weeks.

brennie
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your speedy reply....May I ask how long it took to arrive?

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under a week - via DHL

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Be aware here, I was about to do the same. Worked out at around £460 for the base two camera system shipped to the UK and including import duties.

As I have an open ticket with support and will be getting a refund I asked about the warranty support when purchasing from the US and shipping to the UK as currently there isn't any indiicative date when they will be available over here.

The answer I got was there is no warranty as they will only honour it against US addresses i.e. if there is a problem and you need to RMA you're stuffed. I've not proceeded thus far given current issues with the Arlo Pro for obvious reasons.

Support: "...Since the device will be purchased as a North American Version it will follow the North American warranty policy of a 1 Year manufactures warranty. The requirement to process a North American Warranty is a North American address as our warehouse that stocks the devices will not be able to ship internationally. .."

Me: "...Even though I can actually purchase the Arlo Pro 2 cameras from Amazon.com and have them shipped to the UK from the US, you cannot warranty products purchased outside of the UK, primarily as if these also needed RMA for example, they could only be shipped to a US address (which is my interpretation of the above)...."

Support: "..You're correct about the RMA address requirements being in North America...."

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did the same online and was advised global policy and reseller only issue is returning to seller.

Either way not ideal but I paid include import duty, is probably cheaper and I don't need to wait until next year.
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Obsydian wrote:
I did the same online and was advised global policy and reseller only issue is returning to seller.

Either way not ideal but I paid include import duty, is probably cheaper and I don't need to wait until next year.

Yeah. It's a toss up between having something now or waiting until there is 'valid support' if there is a problem.

Makes me very nervous imho as I've had nothing but issues.

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not really as mentioned return to seller, yes it's in the US. But yes extra hassle IF any issue.
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice
I understand what you are saying but seller coverage is only for a limited time, .after which the manufacturer becomes responsible. Standard practice .

The 'IF' statement is marginal when it comes to netgear, and more a case of 'when', speaking from experience and not just with their cameras.

Its the risk you take i guess.
riknita
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just asked support re warranty in UK and was told that it would be coverd for 2 years.

I just want to know if the power supply was a US one or was compatable for UK - did you use a US - Uk adaptor

Thanks

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

riknita wrote:

I just asked support re warranty in UK and was told that it would be coverd for 2 years.

I just want to know if the power supply was a US one or was compatable for UK - did you use a US - Uk adaptor

Thanks

Sadly, whomever told you that is mis-informed. 

Categorically, purchasing from the US and shipping to the UK does not provide you with any warranty if for any reason you need to RMA the item; they will only ship RMA'd devices to a US address, not UK.

I had this also confirmed by customer support in Ireland yesterday who cover all of Europe as they called me directly (so this is via two different routes). They also advised they have customers in Scandanavia asking the same question.

Additionally US purchased items only get a 1 Year warranty, whereby UK sold items get 2 year (again confirmed yesterday)

Purchasing from the US, shipping to the UK is at your risk and should subsequently there be an issue you will not be able to RMA your device.

You will need a US>UK adapter plug.

brennie
Tutor
Tutor

Wouldn’t it be nice and so rewarding if a Netgear moderator or marketing employee reading these posts just announced a global roll out ...put us all in the loop so we can stop speculating and plan for a future install.

Would that be asking too much? 

UK playing catch up again....

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
US Model installed running no issues, used adapter for base station plug, returns are to base US. All in all far superior to the Pro 1 including import duty the same price.

Pro 2 UK release ???
Price ???
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not had any issues with prior or current Netgear.
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice
Apparently they cant currently advise when the UK release will be, which is really annoying and a little unbelievable as you dont manufacture a product without first having a realease plan, so i may need to move to Nest.

The only thing she did say yesterday was that they typically realease products to one region first to iron out bugs and issues before releasing to other markets, just in case something major comes about.
Murphy1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got my Arlo Pro 2in the states last week. Hooked it up 3 days ago and it’s running great. Worked out at €407 for the two camera package with the base station from Best Buy
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Murphy1984 wrote:
Got my Arlo Pro 2in the states last week. Hooked it up 3 days ago and it’s running great. Worked out at €407 for the two camera package with the base station from Best Buy

Good to hear that it's working unhindered; just be mindful you have no warranty support when used outside of the US as if there is an issue, you can't RMA the devices as they need a US address to ship replacements to (also to note, they only have a 1 year warranty instead of 2 in Europe)

BlueSkiesUK
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Obsydian, is your Arlo Pro 2 still going strong? I am thinking of buying from Amazon US. Not sure if I should buy 2 or chance and buy 4. Black Friday deal?
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo 2 is going very strong - aside from the hapless Arlo customer support (Night vision, cover shade and arlo power cable).

In short buy it, i am also looking at an extra camera.

I have spent 2 mths trying to get a Ring Pro working, 3 failed transformers and lots of time wasted, the Arlo in comparison were up and running in 30 mins (wireless setup).

Last two weekends I added mains power to each camera, giving 3 sec lookback and motion zones, this really makes the setup perfect. As i set a wide field of view but set the detection zone, as sometimes its good to catch off camera footage but not the alert. Also the lookback is awesome, soon as anyone enters the zone bang you go it.

Note i bought the Wasserstein UK cables from Amazon, the are such much better than the Arlo ones, design is focused on a good water prrof seal and the wire is flat so i routed each cable through a window and taped it down.

BlueSkiesUK
Tutor
Tutor
Thx Obsydian - Very helpful. Noted 're cables and mains power.

I was going to buy the Ring Pro as well - heard some had issues.

Too tired of waiting for Arlo Pro 2 UK arrival as moving to new home and need the security.
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Obsydian wrote:

Note i bought the Wasserstein UK cables from Amazon, the are such much better than the Arlo ones, design is focused on a good water prrof seal and the wire is flat so i routed each cable through a window and taped it down.

I had to send my Wasserstein cables back; one stopped working after two weeks and the other kept giving me a non-genuine notification on the camera.

@BlueSkiesUK If you are going this route remember you need an appropriate quick charge 3.0 adapter for the right voltage.

Discussion stats
  • 61 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation