Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 56 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice
My arlo pro 2 night vision is terrible. It records, but the video is so dark, it's useless. Is this typical?

The entire point of having cameras is to protect my property--esp at night. Is there any way to improve the video? Will lightening/brightness have any effect??
Thanks
56 REPLIES 56
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
Here is photo with night vision off
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elykoj

Do you happen to see the red IR LEDs on the camera active when it's dark out?

Iss
Guide
Guide
I managed to get mine to work again I turn of night mode and reduced motion all the way off. Than enabled one feature at a time to get mine to work again. The latest firmware keeps the video in color. Only affected 1 out of my 4 cameras.
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
I will have to check tonight. Can I see from ground or will I need a ladder to get up close to it?
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
I will try that. Thanks
Iss
Guide
Guide
You should be changing the setting for the problem camera within the arlo app no need to climb a ladder.
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
I was answering the other guy about if I see the led light up ted for the IR
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elykoj

Depending on how high up they are, it may be faint. 

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
Where is motion setting at?
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
I tried that a few times but no changes
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor

I have Arlo Pro 2. It’s a couple of days that the night images SUDDENLY are too grey (too much light). I’not happy with the quality. So I looked at the setting “luminosity” in my iPhone app and discovered that it was on 50%. I tried 25% but it was too dark (black). So I need something between 25 and 50% BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE! You can only increase and decrease by 25! IT WASN’T SO BEFORE. Why eliminate the fine tuning?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the way it's been for a long time (forever?). Try removing and resyncing the camera.

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor

so tech support called me back today and said after reviewing my case and seeing the photos i supplied, that my camera is defective( its only a week old), they are sending me a new one to replace it with. Why do I feel the new camera will have the same issue? is my camera maybe to high up on the house that my picture is so bad? i would say its about 10 feet high or so

patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
No, I used 60% during some weeks. I remember looking for the right luminosity percentage moving the cursor gradually, not with the actual jumps 0%/25/50/75/100. It’s a software problem, a FEATURE that was eliminated. ARLO I’M FED UP WITH ALL THE BUGS AND WORSENING after your changes arlo/netgear. I BOUGHT A PRODUCT THAT WAS GOOD, basing on the good reviews, but now it is a different and worse product.
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
Hey, moderator... What are you doing in that forum ????? Why was my topic moved and merged with this hardware problem? I don’t have a Arlo Pro 2 with night vision problems, I have a software problem with all my cams, a feature which disappeared.
Now I receive USELESS emails and answers for other people problems, and nothing about my problem.
Iss
Guide
Guide
I tried to recreate the fault and managed to get it to reoccur. I found that if I take out the battery wait 15sec and reseat it. I was able to correct my night vision mode
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
Even if I have constant power to camera? My battery is still in camera but not running off of it
meganfitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello- I just purchased the Arlo 2 Pro. The night vision is washed out, just looks like blobs- cannot make out anything clear- could this be due to a lack of lighting near the cameras? One is on my garage and the other above my front door. Any help would be appreciated. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of the issue. The usual problem is a surface near the camera that's in the camera view reflecting the IR back into the lens.

jonandmarkuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a strange issue with an Arlo Pro 2 camera which is not even a month old.

Night vision had been perfect and the camera is powered with the offical outdoor power supply.

Last night when I looked it seemed that the IR wasn't turned on as the picture was grainy and oddly coloured.
I tried switching night vision off and back on again, but it was still the same (see attached picture) as you can imagine I'm not too happy seeing this when the camera has only been in position for a couple of weeks.

Any ideas what's wrong, during the day the image looks fine and night vision was fine 2 days ago.Image from 1st JulyImage from 1st JulyLooked ok on the 29th JuneLooked ok on the 29th JuneDaytime image 2nd July looks okDaytime image 2nd July looks ok

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor

I have same issue.. I spoke with tech support and sent photos. They verified it didnt seem to be working and sent me a new replacement which is same exact issue.. pissed

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor

mine is horrible. very dark and greyed out. tech support said its an issue and to send back for replacement and the replacement is no different

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor

tech support stated this was an issue after viewing the photos i sent so they sent a replacement abd new one is no different..

meganfitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a screenshot of the cameras around 4am- clear as mud....

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo said it’s definitely a problem and sent me a replacement camera. This one is no different
Discussion stats
  • 56 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation