Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 battery drain

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
armo_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Community

I recently bought the Arlo Pro2 Camera (Basestation+2 Cameras). What really fraks me out is that  I have to charge the Batteries almost every day! I´ve tried everything from changing the WiFi channel to resync, restart and set the whole thing new up, but won´t work. Does anyone face the same Issue? Spent almost $550 and having Problems only. It is also not a Question of my Internet Connection. I´ve got 100Mbit with 40Mbits upload. What I assume is that Arlo (Netgear?) is shrinking the Image Quality so they can save space, since you can save the Videos for 7 days  for free.

My second Problem is that the Image quality is very poor. Its not even close to 720p. I´ve downloaded a Video from the Cloud and went to the Properties of the Video and it shows 1920 x 1070 instead of 1080p. Thats not normal too.

All together I am very dissapointed. So much money for nothing. I might return it and look for another Solution, if this this can´t be solved pretty soon.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @armo_

When did this issue first occur. It sounds like you may be having some interference with the cameras. Did you change any record time settings, sensitivity?

armo_
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was from the very first day like that. Ive changed everything I can. I called the support Hotline. The conversation took almost 45 minutes and all he did was repeating everything I told him twice and sent me at the End a Battery Replacement although he wanted to send one Camera and a Basestation. Why in the world would I need a new Battery when I am complaining about the Image Quality? And the fast Battery draining doesnt have to do with the Battery because not only one but both Batteries drain ver fast; I have to charge them every day! If both Batteries drain so fast then there is something from with the firmware, in my eyes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

How far away are your cameras from the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation