Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shorty1181
Tutor
Tutor

For the past 2 days I have not been able to get in the app in my phone. I have removed app. Downloaded and installed numerous times. Just stays stuck on welcome screen. Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved by updating to the latest version of the Arlo iOS app available from the iOS App Store, which is version 3.2.2. Please make sure you have the latest version installed. You can read more about the latest version here: iOS Mobile App - 3.2.2 - 25th June 2021.

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I already tried rebooting, uninstalling, redownloading, reinstalling, etc. It will stop crashing if I don't go online, but that will make the app useless. I do get its background notifications just fine. I just can't log in and view and use. I get far as its post-splash screen before crashing as shown in my uploaded https://i.ibb.co/yVHPxDQ/6-CE2-F0-A6-2-EEB-4731-93-BA-52-CE320-A095-E.png screen shot/capture. This happens in two iPhone 6+s with their iOS v12.5.4 since the iOS app upgrade. Is anyone seeing this too with their old iOS devices with v12.5.4 too?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

arloradim
Guide
Guide

HI ant,

completely the same with my Iphone6 v 12.5.4 ... and the same on v 12.5.3

rgs

Radim

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me send you a private message to gather more information from you.

And the Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Shorty1181,

What phone device and iOS/Android version are you running? And what Arlo iOS/Android app version are you running on your phone device?

Shorty1181
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JessicaP. I have the IPhone 7. It’s has the latest version. As far as the Arlo app, it’s also the newest version.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

JessicaP: Got and answered it. I was able to reproduce it in an old iPad air (iOS v12.5.4) as well. 😞 Can you please kindly rename this forum thread title to say iOS v12 devices to include iPad (not just iPhones)?

ianthompson82
Initiate
Initiate

Hello - I hope you can help.

I'm running 4 x Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras - I've only had them a week. Everything was going great until today when the app stopped working. I open the app, it shows no cameras and 5 seconds later the app shuts down.

I've been access the app on an iPhone 6 running software version ios 12.5.4

Deleting the app and reinstalling works once - but the next time I access it crashes again.

Any advice?

Jordan11
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing here - on an older iPad Air, which I mainly use for this, since the update I’m unable to open the app, it keeps crashing.
06dodgehemi
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing happens to the app on my iphone 6 with iOS v12.5.4. Shut down and restarted the phone several times, uninstalled & reinstalled the app several times, no success. Still crashes after opening. 

lilcait15
Star
Star
So any one else having issues with the updated app.. the app keeps crashing when I try to open it I'm using iPhone 6 iOS 12. Something
06dodgehemi
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, iPhone 6 as well. Tried rebooting the phone several times, uninstalled & reinstalled the app several times also, no resolution yet.

lilcait15
Star
Star
Same here I also pay for the additional smart service looks like it wasn't so smart on my part 😪
bobuser
Star
Star

Me too...I've logged a support case.

Dannybear
Master
Master
If this issue is a result of the arlo iOS app v3.2.1 automatically updated, then suggest you disable automatic updates in the iPhone’s settings/general/about
Page so you can update later when the bugs are sorted out rather than being the debuggers.
FrankKS
Initiate
Initiate

This evening my arlo app closes as soon as I try looking at the cameras.  It’s happening on my iPad but not my phone.  I’ve tried deleting app and reinstalling. App is updated.

lilcait15
Star
Star
So I went into my router setting and prioritized the base station it appears to be working for the time being not sure why it would need more resources to operate like it originally had I have noticed my smart subscription isn't showing up in my settings
CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

I am facing the same above issue on my iPhone 6 . App crashes while opening.

DW56
Initiate
Initiate
Updated the mobile app on my iPhone it’s a 6+ but it’s running Version IOS 12.5.4 on 6/21/21, and now the app will not open unless I delete app and download again but then after you close the app it won’t open again until you repeat delete and download process. !! Arlo says no one else has this problem yet , they say as long as I have version 11 iOS or newer it should work . NOT WORKING ! Any ideas ? Internet is ok so has to be the app update.
CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

I tried deleting the app and installing again, it works the first time, but start crashing when you try for the second time. Preventing updates as suggested will not help, since our phones already have the latest update installed.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JessicaP: Do you have any updates for us?

All: Arlo has to fix this. And yes, the issue goes away temporarily after uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling app and then the issue returns. 😞 Also, I noticed notifications still work. We just can't use its app.

Jeem
Apprentice
Apprentice
iPhone 6 on 12.5.3

Same. After update it worked on first launch. Closed and tried to reopen = black screen, then home screen appears, app running in background. Tried to resume app, black screen, home screen....you get the idea. Closing app and relaunching same results.

Uninstalled/reinstalled = same behaviour as above.

App dev QA before PROD launch - questionable at best. I thought with new dev team we had moved away from these bad days of 2.x. Emergency fix required. iOS app useless as it is.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

CyrilRajesh: Yup. They need to release a fix or give us the older version that was working.

lilcait15
Star
Star
And 4030p camera I thought it was working again once I uninstalled it reinstalled it and set it to priority in my router setting opened it up and instant crash how long does it take Arlo to fix issues like these I mean my system is a energy sucking paper weight right now plus the added expense of there extended service kinda hack me off and why I'm the heck can't you download the prior version in the App Store for issues like this 🥵
Mike-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I’m having exactly the same issues. I’m running IOS 12.5.4 and since a couple of days ago the App loads, lasts about a second then disappears.   I’ve tried reloading (works first time them starts crashing again). Before this it has worked seamlessly. I’d really like to find a fix for this as quickly as possible if that’s possible. 

Many thanks, 

Mike-UK