Arlo battery cam dying within 24 hours

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JaBbyJab Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: 

All batteries are at 95% and above. Time to move the two outside cameras back into place. 

stefanid Aspirant
Aspirant

cameras are NOT outside...they are in my Florida condo....

JaBbyJab Aspirant
Aspirant

@stefanid ... Assuming all goes well, this thread will be considered resolved in 7 days. I suggest you open a thread and case# of your own. 

Summary of solution so far:

MY Arlo batteries couldn’t stand up to the cold. The two exterior cam batteries had died completely. The dying batteries resulted in a consistent 24hr drain/charge (repeat) for all 4 batteries. 

ARLO sends new batteries. I charge them to 100%. Insert into cams.

Issue seems to have been resolved. For indoor use. 

NEXT 7 DAYS the cams will be outside. I’m fairly certain the original issue has been resolved.

In short, get new batteries/have arlo send new batteries/use a different company. 

Laker24 Aspirant
Aspirant

buy solar panels to keep them charged indefinitely.

JaBbyJab Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t mind charging/swapping out batteries every 6 months. If you or Arlo would like to send solar panels.... I’ll accept freely, but there is absolutely no reason for me to drop $80 just to have my cameras work as promised.

stefanid Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Shane I'll be in touch when I return to Fort Lauderdale.  Right now I'm skiing in Montana and I know the cameras are out of juice.  In the past, I recharged about every 3 months, but now its less than every 3 days.  They have original batteries...should I replace them as a first step to remedy?  

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
ertriad Aspirant
Aspirant
Suggest you restart your Base Station..worked for me..think a very recent upgrade of base station has thrown up a dormant fault or that upgrade should have concluded with a Base Station restart !
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation